Huel and histamine intolerance?

Hey,

unfortunately I have a histamine intolerance and since the basic ingredients did not seem to be problematic I ordered Huel (1x tasteless, 1x vanilla). Does anybody with histamine intolerance have experience with Huel? I tried it several times so far but right now I am sick therefor it is hard to tell if the symptoms like sweating, hot flushing and headache come from Huel / histamine or just from being sick :face_with_thermometer:

Does Huel provide any informations on histamine in their products? Really hope that it‘s just caused by being sick because I like the idea of Huel :grimacing:

best, Chris

Hey Chris, the level of histamine in Huel is very low at less than 0.1mg per 100g.

If you’re feeling better now I would recommend giving Huel another go and letting me know how you get on.

Hi Dan

I have been told not to have food with histamine liberators due to potential mast cell activation syndrome - do you have any information on this?

So while low in histamines themselves, are known as histamine liberators , meaning that they help to release histamine from other foods.

I love the gluten free coffee huel powder!

Thank you
Jane

Hey Jane, thought I could pop in here!

I looked into this a bit as I am not too familiar with “histamine liberators.” Through my search, I came across this page, which led me to one of their references: this review. I read through the review briefly and they discuss “foods with suggested histamine-releasing capacities” and provide a list in table 4. Though, I do want to caution that the review also notes there needs to be more research done here.

I was not able to find much more on “histamine liberators” specifically. I’m very interested and curious though and will let you know if I come across anything else that may be helpful!