How Much Huel Do You Use?

So I’m new here, and trying to figure out how best to use Huel. The serving sizes are 1 cup. Do most of you use one serving, once a day, as either breakfast or lunch, and then eat a regular evening meal? In other words is it a supplement to other (hopefully) healthy eating, or do you use several servings a day and make it your main source of food? I’m used to protein shakes, so I think in terms of supplements, but it sometimes looks as if this is full meal replacement.
Thanks,
chris

It can be a full meal replacement, but it doesn’t have to be. I use Huel as my workday lunch replacement, and the occasional home meal replacement when I’m feeling particularly lazy. For me, it’s a convenient way to get a nutritional lunch without spending a lot of time and/or money, since unhealthy lunches at work was a huge problem for me. Some people do replace all their meals with it as well. So it’s up to you and what you’re looking to do with it.

1 Like

I don’t think there is a wrong way to use it. I vary day-to-day from a single serving up to four. I shoot for between 2000 and 2500 calories a day depending on my workout so a typical day for me is 3-4 servings of Huel and then dinner with the family.

For several months I have been using Huel for 2 of my 3 total meals per day. It’s a full meal replacement. I eat my “breakfast” (occasionally skipping breakfast) right before work. I then have my 2 Huel doses while at work. Most of my Huel doses are 2 or 3 scoops each, depending on how much other stuff I want to add.

Since April, I’ve been drinking one two-scoop Huel shake with 400ml of chocolate almond milk per day. I thought I’d want two shakes a day, but I’m actually full from the time I start eating (at around 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.) until around 3-4 p.m., at which time I eat a small handful of unsalted raw nuts and then eat a normal healthy dinner at 6:30 p.m. I tend to sip on it really slowly so I drink it for 3-4 hours. It takes me such a long time to drink the shake that I couldn’t drink a second and still have time to finish it before dinner!

I’m 5’4", weigh about 230lbs, totally sedentary, and am losing weight without thinking about it at all. It’s extremely nice.

1 Like

My standard week day at the moment consists of:

60g of huel granola and 100ml of semi-skimmed milk for breakfast.
A banana as a mid-morning snack.
3 scoops of huel for lunch.
Huel bar as an afternoon snack.
3 scoops of huel for dinner.