Huel noob, have a few questions

Hey huelers, sorry in advance if I skimmed over this;

I bought the huel subscription, and I have 2 pouches for 28 days on the way, and it says one meal per day. Is this a 3 scoop meal? How would I ration this out over 28 days? And with the subscription, would it reorder the day I would run out, provided I used it efficiently?

Thanks!

How you use it is entirely up to you.

Three scoops is about 110 grams or about 450 calories. A “meal” is actually about 127 grams, and 500 kcal.

All Huel really promises to be is as nutritionally complete as they can make it. That means if you figure out how many calories you need in order to survive and measure that much out and eat that (and nothing but that), you should be doing quite well.

If you want to have one meal per day, that’s fine. I like Huel because it’s better nutrition than I normally eat (bad Will, no biscuit!), and because I can count calories REALLY easily to know when I’m eating enough, or too much.

There’s no right and wrong way to consume Huel. It’s kind of like saying “I bought a bunch of bananas. How should I eat them?”

You can eat one a day, raw, peeled and eaten. You can make Bananas Foster. You can make a banana split or a banana milkshake.

It’s a food. It’s a food with some nice qualities, but it’s still just a food, how you eat it is really up to you!

Having said all of that, what I personally do is I have Huel for two meals per day, usually, and then try to have a sensible dinner and maybe a snack of some popcorn made in the air popper.

Some days, I’ll go for Huel for all of my meals, and since I’m trying to lose a bit of weight, I generally aim for about 1800-2000 kcal (so basically, four servings) and maybe the popcorn. (I’m a big guy, so my daily caloric needs for weight maintenance is probably somewhere in the range of 2500-2700 kcal).

And since there are 14 “meals” in a bag, I aim to buy about one bag per week when I’m doing two meals per day, more frequently when I’m eating more of it.

But that’s me, and may very well not be right for you…

That’s what I was looking for. At 1 normal sized 500 cal meal a day, 2 packs would last 28 days. The extra info on the calories and your diet helps me out also.

I’m more into it for the ease of things, I dont have much time during lunch so it should work out great. Plus it’s cheaper and better for me than anything I get now haha. Im interested to see how it makes me feel after a few weeks though.

Answered my questions, thanks.

Cheers

giphy%20(31)

Well said, Liam! Love this analogy!

2 Likes

I recommend setting up your subscription to order every 3 weeks to allow for 3-5 business days of shipping time or add an extra bag onto your subscription to have on hand just in case. Your shipping intervals can be easily adjusted if needed, so don’t worry about getting locked into something you can’t change. If you need any assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us here or at support@huel.com and we can get you squared away.