How can we improve Huel? (both product and service)

@Av8tr My husband was in the Marine Corps and when we had to hunker down for a hurricane in New Orleans, we got to know those MRE’s well… Wish I had Huel back then!

6 Likes

I’ve been a long-time user of Huel. The first bag I ordered was UK v1.2, and I remember when samples of Huel Bar UK 1.0 went out! Despite moving to the US, I still receive emails from the UK branch, and love seeing everything you guys are up to. The only improvement I can ask for is to see some of those amazing UK products (Huel Berry and Coffee, Bars, and granola!) rolled out here in the US.

6 Likes

I really can’t wait until the Huel bars get here. I have not been able to find anything similar that does not have soy/whey/etc. in stores around here. Any suggestions from anyone on a good replacement until we get them?

3 Likes

Bake some Huel cookies or muffins, store in the fridge for up to a week.

5 Likes

Hello!

New to Huel and receiving my first delivery on Friday. Appreciate the quick delivery.

1. I’ve read from some users that repeated delivery times are not always quick. I hope that future deliveries go as smoothly as my first order.

2. Love the branding and your team seems really on top of giving great service.

3. Since I’m new and haven’t received the product yet I’ve been geeking out on any written review or video off of YouTube. I’m not sure if you’ve incentivized any of these videos but I see a lot of dumb videos of people reviewing simple making the product. Seems pretty cheap, and I understand you may not be responsible but If you are please knock it off :wink: I’ve read several written reviews on Medium, which are quite lovely actually. Also a few decent reviews on YouTube that are in-depth. I appreciate these unlike the mixing videos.

4. I hope the company is doing well as a whole. I hope to continue using this product for a long time and hope that this company doesn’t go anywhere.

4 Likes

@rypaby welcome to the Huel family and thank you for the feedback. We are constantly improving our delivery systems, they are not currently as fast as we would like but we have some improvements planned over the next couple of months. :slight_smile:

@kris4183 and @deron here are the recipes for some of our baked goods - https://huel.com/blogs/recipes?page=4
And more recipes here: https://huel.com/blogs/recipes
We are working on improving the bars before they are launched in the USA. I’m not sure when they will launch, these things often take longer than I would like and I hate letting people down so I not even going to tease you with a rough launch date.

@rbpatt2019 Huel Berry pre-blend is not far away from a USA launch.

4 Likes

My diet order arrived friday. I love the flavor and even the grainy texture. Love throwing strawberries in it for more flavor.

5 Likes

@rypaby that is great to hear, thank you for the feedback :hugs:

3 Likes

Huel stickers !

https://www.stickermule.com/samples
@Julian-Huel

And Maybe intro in schools! Fun colorful flavors for kids! BLUEBERRY ! BANANA! Fruit Loops! Yes!
I added Strawberry Nesquick to mine just as a meh > I’ll try it. Kinda sweet but EXACTLY like what me as a kid would have loved for breakfast.
Alternate universe mid 1980’s
Mom: Did you eat breakfast before watching cartoons?
Me: Yes mom I had a full glass of Strawberry Huel.
Mom: Good! now go clean your room.
ME: :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

It would be just like what’s left at the bottom of the cereal bowl if you had the last serving of cereal in the box.

6 Likes

Sticker/decal/cheap marketing stuff is a great idea. I love decals and would totally put some stickers on my FJ. I’m all for advertising products I support. Also, i’m a little addicted to stickers :sweat_smile:.

8 Likes

Right!? Stuff I like and support, I become a self glorified brand Ambassador…! Speaking of that, where’s my Huel app? :wink: @Julian-Huel @Teresa_Huel

And or
Emergency huel storage for food shortages, floods hurricanes, power outages. Long car trips !

3 Likes

There’s an unofficial one I saw on the UK forums. Here’s the link:

4 Likes

Whatever happens, if you ever make different varieties, just please keep the unflavored/unsweetened, and the original style vanilla. :slight_smile: Mmmmm

2 Likes

Just wanting more documentation of your suppliers’ compliance with non-use of glysophate and other concerrning chemicals. I saw a place that said that suppliers comply with laws, but that does not tell me much here in the US. Does Huel have testing of it’s ingrediants done? Thanks! New to Huel, but finding it tasty, convenient and with no bad side effects so far. Just want to be able to be sure of purity. Nancy

1 Like

There was some mention of this in the UK forums:

The oats in Huel have been tested for Glyphosate and the results were < 0.01mg/kg was found.

This was back in November 2016 but I imagine the testing is a continuous thing.

1 Like

@nancy418 @omikes We regularly analyze our products for a range of potential contaminants including glyphosates. The daily allowable amount of glyphosate is 1.7mg/kg of body weight in the US and 0.3mg/kg in the EU and the levels of glyphosates in Huel products are well within these limits. The highest level found per 100g Huel powder was 0.6ppm which is 100 times less than the US limit and 20 times less than the EU level

We and our suppliers routinely examine our raw materials, and these are also well below allowable levels. Indeed, glyphosate levels in Huel products are often absent altogether, for example in our Gluten-Free Huel glyphosates are undetectable. All Huel products are safe to consume and enjoy. :yum:

5 Likes

Are you using the Huel website for ordering? How you described is exactly what it is. You log in, manage subscription flavors, drop down menu select number of bags and how many flavors of each.

3 Likes

A paid but expedited shipping provision - granted there are a number of tools to alter the subscription settings, but waiting a better part of a week for fedex to show up is not always ideal.

provision for getting samples to friends - the number of conversations i have had with people about Huel - a very small % age of those people will end up actually trying Huel, but if there is a way to reach a sample, that may make the difference.

The amount of water wasted in cleaning my huel shaker - In an ideal world there would be a Huel shaker “sanitizer” that uses substantially less water but cleans it well. Not always you are able to get it into the dishwasher…

1 Like

Hi Anand! Totally hear you. Just wanted to clarify a couple things. :relaxed: Our shipping takes 3-5 days as it is extremely costly to expedite (Huel orders are typically fairly heavy) and since we also offer free shipping for orders over $25, additional shipping costs are not an option at this time. Huel is also available on Amazon as well, if you have a Prime account and need. your Huel urgently.

We don’t currently offer a sample, but our starter kit is a great opportunity to try out and experiment with different flavors, consistencies and recipes for your friends to find their perfect Huel. A one-shot sample can lead to problems. We’ve seen it all… Basically, there isn’t one perfect way to make Huel and we want to give everyone the chance to find out their favorite mix!

As far as your sanitizer idea, I respect your water conservation efforts! Something tells me, something like that has to exist already, such as for camping. Let us know if you find anything!

2 Likes

I keep the most recently emptied bag in case someone is interested in trying Huel: I give them 2 servings and the bag has all the details on it.

Well, except for the url to actually order their own…
Perhaps that’s an easily fixed improvement too?

4 Likes