Hot and Savory bags hard to reseal

2 of the three bags of Hot and Savory I received do not reseal. I had to put them in a separate zip lock bag.
Anyone else have that problem?

1 Like

None of the bags really reseal all that great for me. I just sit there and press it for a bit the best I can. It’s a pain and I wish they would fix it.

2 Likes

It has also been difficult for me to seal the bags of regular and Black Editions Huel. In fact, we have been battling kitchen ants (ohmygod, it’s a mystery as to why they are so bad this year; we have cleaned the shit out of everything), and they got into the PB flavor. :nauseated_face: Interestingly, that was my least favorite, so it wasn’t exactly a bad thing. And. The bags don’t seal.

1 Like

Are the zip grooves full of powder?

Before I open a fresh bag, I plop it down on the counter and flick/tap the top to knock the powder out of that top bit before I cut it open. After that the bag is always kept upright… unlike how it ships…

I’m curious if it seals better after clearing those grooves

2 Likes

I was able to seal one of the two bags that wouldn’t seal after cleaning, but the third one, no matter how much I have cleaned the grooves, just won’t seal.

1 Like

The best pro-tip I have is to run a knife through the grove of the zip lock to get any trapped powder out! I have found once I do that it is much easier to reseal.

I have the same issue, specifically with Hot and Savory. I have no such issue with regular Huel powder.

I don’t think it’s about powder in the grooves, and it shouldn’t be. Whatever they’re doing with normal Huel, I don’t have to worry about the zip not sealing. What’s stopping Huel from using the same design for both?

After making absolutely sure I shake it to the bottom the regular Huel bags have been sealing fine recently. Gotta make sure the powder is out of the grooves.

2 Likes

Of all the bags of Huel powder I have received I have only had a problem with one… but I have had a problem with two of the three Hot and Savory bags I recently ordered. I was able to finally seal one of the two problem bags but the third one will not seal no matter how much I clean it out. :unamused:

Yes, same here. The fine powder gets stuck in ziplock groove. But it is nothing terrible. I just roll it down and put a rubber band around it.