Flavor Booster Ratings

Purchased the trial pack, and used all flavors combining with Chocolate Huel Black Edition. Anyone that tried Berry with the Vanilla Huel?

Share your ratings, vote your top 5 favorites :grin:

• Vanilla
  • Salted Caramel
  • Banana
  • Strawberry
  • Apple Cinnamon
  • Chocolate
  • Peanut Butter
  • Gingerbread
  • Mocha
  • Chocolate Cherry
  • Mint-Chocolate
  • Pumpkin Spice
  • Berry

0 voters

Apple Cinnamon - Excellent (5/5)
Chocolate - Double chocolate (5/5
Pumpkin Spice - Very Good (4/5)
Peanut Butter - Very Good (4/5)
Vanilla - Very Good (4/5)
Mint Chocolate - Not bad (3/5)
Salted Caramel - Not Bad (3/5)
Mocha - Not much of a difference to me (3/5)
Strawberry - Not Bad (2/5)
Banana - Not Bad (2/5)
Berry Flavor - Horrible(1/5)

2 Likes

i like mocha the best but it fks wth my stomach acid :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

berry and banana i like too

apple cinamon amazng

2 Likes

Interesting! Here are my ratings (I havenā€™t tried them all yet).

Mint Chocolate - 5/5. To me this tastes exactly like what youā€™d expect a good chocolate mint to taste like.
Chocolate Cherry - 4.5/5. I end up using a little more than the serving size because I always want it to have more cherry flavor. Otherwise, really good.
Apple Cinnamon - 4/5. To me this taste like apple pie, which is great. I could rate it 5/5, except that because itā€™s so sweet, I feel like I need to cycle it with other flavors. If this was my only flavor, Iā€™d probably get sick of it.
Gingerbread - 3/5. Itā€™s another one I wish was a little stronger. Iā€™ve always liked gingerbread a little more gingery too, but Iā€™ve enjoyed trying this out and mixing it into the rotation.
Salted Caramel - 3/5. Itā€™s totally fine, but this was just never going to be my favorite flavor. Also, I think Iā€™ve realized Iā€™d rather get the extra salt somewhere else in my diet. I would expect people who like salted caramel to mostly be happy with this flavor.
Berry - 2.5/5. To me it tastes more like a sugary kids cereal kind of berry than actual berries. I add a couple drops of orange extract every time now, and it tastes much more like actual fruit (unsurprisingly). Iā€™d probably rate that combo 4/5.

1 Like

i tried choc cherry

only one i didnt like

1 Like

Mint Chocolate - 5/5. Like @Tom said, we think it tastes just like you would expect. Itā€™s my wifeā€™s favorite way to have Huel, and also her favorite Soylent RTD flavor, which is more like a treat than a meal.
Peanut Butter - 3/5. Itā€™s decent, but Iā€™m pretty sure it has the same calories as peanut butter powders like PBFit and PB2, which taste more like peanut butter.
Gingerbread - 3/5. Not bad, but I donā€™t know that ā€œGingerbreadā€ is an accurate name for the flavor. I made my own by combining the spices from a gingerbread recipe into a jar. (allspice, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg).
Salted Caramel - 2/5. Only tried it once from the sample pack. I understand that ā€œsaltedā€ is in the name, but I felt as if the salt flavor was too prominent. Like when too much salt from the rim falls into your magarita, and end up with margarita-flavored sea water.
Banana - If you like banana flavored stuff (candy / taffy) then youā€™ll most likely enjoy this. I like it just fine, and my wife wouldnā€™t even try it after smelling it.

@Justin_Keikhlasan Iā€™ve always wondered about the Vanilla flavor boost. How did you use it? What flavor of Huel did you add it to? How did the flavor compare to Vanilla Huel?

1 Like

Iā€™ll be ordering one bag of Vanilla Black Edition next shipment - but for now I use the Vanilla boost in Chocolate Huel B. E. and it goes great together, Vanilla chocolately flavor. I also use Vanilla Almond Milk, so that might help the Vanilla flavor too.

1 Like

My next order is bringing mint chocolate, Iā€™m pretty excited to try it!

2 Likes

Finally burned through a bag of salted caramel. It was fine, best with chocolate Huel. I agree on 3/5.
Doing the peanut butter now; it too is best so far with chocolate Huel. But of course . . . . I agree on 4/5.
So far, Iā€™m heading toward just going with the regular vanilla, chocolate and berry Huel.

1 Like

What Huel versions are people using with the boosters? Iā€™m finding it hard to significantly change the flavor of 3.0 and Black. It seemed the previous versions ā€œtookā€ the additions better.

2 Likes

Iā€™m using Huel Black. Predominately chocolate for the mint chocolate and cherry chocolate, mostly vanilla for gingerbread, berry, apple pie, and salted caramel.

1 Like

Thanks. How much booster do you need to use, or does it vary?

1 Like

i use over half a tablespoon

1 Like

As well, about a table spoon. I use about 28ml liquid instead of 18, so itā€™ll need more anyways. Calories are negligible and it still lasts quite a bit.

With the old Huel formula (1.1 US), I used the recommended serving size of the flavor boosts with good results. With 3.0, I find I have to double it.

I still havenā€™t tried U/U or Black but Iā€™m pretty curious about both.

1 Like

Same, I use at least double which isnā€™t a problem - Iā€™ve yet to try Cherry-Chocolate which I didnā€™t even know was an option (not paying attention) until someone here mentioned it since itā€™s not in the trial pack- Looking forward to it though

Do you think using that much flavor booster desensitizes your palate to Huelā€™s taste without it?

Not at all, still taste great without it, but I still prefer using flavor packs to change it up. I just placed another order with a couple Vanilla Black Edition this time, more options now.

Yeah, I find Vanilla takes the flavor boosters better than chocolate.