Difference in taste between new versus old vanilla

I would like your opinions on the differences in taste between the new and old vanilla. Perceived the old vanilla as kind of tasting like pancake batter except with a bitter aftertaste. I notify that bitter taste with lemon juice. So, does the new vanilla still have that aftertaste and is that just part of the proteins involved, or does it not? Also, is the new vanilla different or can you notice any difference in taste? How about the new original? Before you tell me just to order my own and see, I want to, but I have some pouches that I have to get through before I order new ones.

I think the new vanilla is very thin compared to the old one. I would prefer the old one it filled me up the new one not so much

Are you sure it is not because of the new scoops? You probably should tone the water down to like 18 ounces or so if you are using the new scoops. I don’t have it so I don’t know. Maybe it really is thinner and if it is, I definitely would like to know that, but I was just wondering. So I would say if you haven’t already, try it with your old scoop, or try it with only 18 ounces of water. Maybe 19 ounces. Actually, I suppose technically, it would be more, but you just do the water as normal, except stop the shaker when it gets to the 19 ounce Mark. You will probably actually be adding a little bit more water because there is one point where the powder is soaking up water, but the water level does not actually go up. So you could do 11 ounces of water instead of 14 like the instructions say, and then do 19 ounces instead of 25. If you are using the old scoops, then yes, maybe it is too thin.

Sabra Ewing

They say you can just add the same amount of water, but I did my own calculations, and with the new serving size, it would be significantly center if you just added the same amount of water as before.

Sabra Ewing

I’m using the old scoop and I only use 16 oz of water it’s to thin not like the old stuff and doesn’t fill me up either

That is a shame. I wonder what they did to it?

Sabra Ewing

The nutrition looked very similar.

Sabra Ewing

Try adding less water and/or more powder. The serving size went from 500kcal (127g) to 400kcal (100g) so you might just need more calories. You can also try leaving it in the fridge for a while to thicken up, which can feel more satiating for some.