Any way of getting UU to taste like Original Vanilla? New vanilla is gross

So until my last shipment I had been consistently receiving Original Vanilla, unaware that it was being phased out. My most current shipment included the New Vanilla and unaware of the change on the first day I tried it and immediately spit it out due to the extremely artificial and overpowering vanilla flavor. I took to the forums and found out about the change and gave it a chance 2 shakes a day for 3 days, cancelled my subscription the next day after that.

The Original vanilla had a mellow vanilla flavor with a deep earthy after taste, whereas the new vanilla has a powerful vanilla flavor and a shallow acidic chemical after taste.

I’m considering resubscribing but I dislike both chocolate and berry Huel, original vanilla was my go to.

I’m considering UU but wanted opinions on how close the flavor is to Original Vanilla and/or find out if it can be modified to do so.

Thanks for any insight!

2 Likes

I prefer the new vanilla, but to approach old vanilla with UU, you can try adding Torani sugar free vanilla syrup and/or sweetened vanilla almond milk. I’ve done both, and the problem is that the oat flavor still comes through more strongly that OV. I actually like UU with fruit and honey.

1 Like

I suggest you order UU without the need to make it taste like anything else.

Once you get used to it, you can make it taste like a range of flavors - but if all you are doing is forcing it to be something else, you’ll probably be disappointed.

4 Likes

Ill definitely try UU plain and prepared in multiple ways, hopefully I’ll find something that works for my palate. Thanks for the suggestions!