DAY 1: My first Huel Meal

Today is the day that I begin my journey with Huel. I ordered two bags of Vanilla Huel on Sunday, May 13th and my shipment came in on Saturday, May 19th via FedEx. I was a little concerned about my shipment considering that I have read so many horror stories about orders being delayed. I was quite relieved to see that my order was shipped in a timely manner.

Prepared my first Huel meal for lunch today around 1 pm. Here is how I prepared my first meal.

• 500 ml of water
  • Two Bananas
  • 1 Tablespoon of Blue Agave
  • 1 Tablesppon of Brown Sugar
  • 3 scoops of Vanilla Huel

I blended this in a blender and within seconds I was good to go. I was quite surprised with the taste, wasn’t bad at all. I didn’t taste the Vanilla, Blue Agave, or the Brown Sugar. Nor did it have this dominating oat taste. It tasted like a banana smoothie.

Finished my first meal within thirty minutes and I would say that if this was a traditional meal I would have wanted to eat more. That’s only because I have issues with portion control with regular food. However, I might experiment with 4 scoops and see how that goes.

Needless to say, Huel did its job in filling me up and I was able to operate smoothly until about 5 pm. That’s when I started to get hungry however I wanted to hold out until after 6 pm because that is when I get home from work. However, I feel it is going to be a good idea to bring some extra snack with me for work to tie me over the rest of the afternoon considering lunch is the first meal I will be replacing.

All in all the first impression was great and I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how this relationship with Huel continues to develop.

3 Likes