Comparing Huel Editions: Original, Black, Essential, and Gluton-free for a sensitive stomach

Hello Huel Community,

I hope you’re all doing well. I’ve been a user of Huel Black Edition for a while now, and it’s been a mostly positive experience. However, I’ve been contemplating trying out the Original, Essential, and Gluton-free editions to see how they fit into my dietary needs.

I have a sensitive stomach and certain dietary restrictions (no dairy, avoid whole grains, and ideally no nuts).
I’ve used Huel Black Edition for some time and tolerated it well. I had a negative reaction to the original in the past.
I’m looking for a meal replacement that can provide balanced nutrition and is easy on the digestive system.
I have a few specific questions:

What are the main differences between the Original, Black, Essential, and Gluton-free editions in terms of ingredients?
Has anyone with dietary sensitivities found one edition easier to digest than the others?
Are there any distinct advantages to using one over the others, especially for someone with a sensitive stomach?
I would greatly appreciate any insights or personal experiences you can share. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Ben

I hope this table is helpful! This breaks down the difference in core ingredients for the different Huel products. GF is not on the table as the only difference between V.3.1 powder and GF is that it uses Gluten-Free Oats.

1 Like

This is very helpful. Thank you so much! I see now that oats was probably the source of my negative reaction. It seems like I’d be better off sticking to the Black Edition.