Chocolate huel powder vs chocolate flavor boost?

I’ve been on the Huel train for about a year now, and thinking of branching out flavor-wise (I’ve mostly stuck with vanilla).

I see that there’s both chocolate Huel powder and chocolate flavor boost, the latter of which I assume is intended to be mixed with vanilla or UU Huel powder (mixing chocolate Huel with chocolate flavor boost introduces a level of recursion I’m not comfortable with :thinking::upside_down_face:)…

Anyway, my question is: what’s the difference taste-wise between the two? Would you recommend one over the other?

The chocolate flavor boost is sweeter–the chocolate powder is a bit more rich flavored. Perhaps the FB is bit more “candy” vibe whereas the chocolate powder is more brownie. So really, just depends on what you are looking for!

2 Likes

The old chocolate flavor booster was just unsweetened cocoa powder. So when I combined that with my vanilla Huel I used a very generous amount and it was quite good. Chocolate and vanilla mix together well.

But now I think the latest version of the chocolate Huel additive has artificial sweeteners in it.

Intuitively, I would think the chocolate additive might have the advantage of letting the user titrate the taste whereas with chocolate Huel powder the chocolate taste is pre formed.

All that aside, I really like Huel chocolate powder mixed in oat milk and a scoop of greens powder. It’s one of the tastiest Huel blends I do. I will be ordering the full chocolate Huel in my next order.

1 Like

Thank you both for the information!