Am I eating enough?

Hello I just started my huel journey about 2 weeks ago and I love it so far. I got 2 of the white huel bags. 1st week of huel was very weird my body didn’t know if wanted to eat more or not and I was just trying to find a good balance. But I believe I have found a good balance now but I am not exactly sure and wanted to see if you guys have suggestion to help me fine tune my daily intake.

I weight 388 LBS, 6FT and have a very sedentary lifestyle (work in a office and then online college after.)

Breakfast: coffee with cream and Splenda. (I don’t like eating for breakfast)

Lunch: huel between 12 to 2

Dinner: trying to keep it around 1000 calories with lots of veggies and chicken.

daily I am taking in 1400 to 1600 calories a day and feel good about myself and not starving. I have had issues eating too much in the past and now sometimes I think I might not eating enough. am I just worried for no reason.

Hey Gurshaan - welcome to the US Huel Forum! :slight_smile:

I definitely agree that it can take a bit of adjusting to see what works best. Happy to hear you seem to have found something that works for you - just know you may have to make additional adjustments as you go (and that is completely normal and expected)! Also - how are you feeling?

I will say based on your height/weight generally, I believe you need a bit more calories daily to ensure you are fueling your body, losing weight at a rate that you can maintain (rapid weight loss is usually not as sustainable), and making changes to your lifestyle that you can sustain longer term too. However, there are also other factors to take into consideration such as how you are feeling.

How did you come to the 1400-1600 calories per day and how many scoops of Huel are you having per day alongside your dinner meal? From what you’ve mentioned, it seems like 2-3 scoops?

1 Like

Hey Charlotte,

thank you for answering

Overall I feel so much better on the new changes I have made. I have more energy, and feel like I am more focused during work and college and I don’t really feel like I am starving myself. before I started on huel I was having 1 meal a day after work and it would be a huge meal and I felt like I could eat everything at my house. having huel was a great addition for lunch and I am never feel like that since. Huel has helped me a lot and I feel the difference. I have 2 scoops of huel for lunch and try to stay around 1000 calories for dinner, in total 1400 - 1600 calories a day. if you recommend to start eating more I can start having some healthy snacks through our the day or other recommendations, I am open to ideas.

Awesome to hear this!

Sometimes what can happen if you eat only one meal per day is that by the time you get to that meal, you can get super hungry (because you haven’t eaten anything!) and will likely eat more than if you ate more frequently and spaced the meals/snacks out to keep you satisfied!

Adding in some snacks could be a great idea!

This calorie calculator can help you work out how many calories you require per day. I do want to note that a calorie calculator is a tool that can be useful, but it is just an estimation of your daily needs and should not be the only thing you consider.

What kinds of goals do you have?

Thank you for the calculator link and all the information.

I will continue to change my diet slowly by adding some healthy snacks.

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach back out too!