17 servings per pack?

This might be a dumb question, but how did you guys decide on 17 servings per pack? I’m looking into ordering some Huel for the first time and am a bit curious about that. It says it’s 5 servings to get to 2000 calories, so I feel like 15 or 20 would make more sense? Doesn’t 17 mean you basically get left with part of a day’s worth at the end? Maybe I’m just being pedantic.

It’s 60 ounces per bag

There’s little reason for that number other than its a nice number for US package sizes - since a serving is 2x 50g scoops.

But if you have a new bag to dump the last few servings of the old bag into, you’ll never really notice the 0.5 ounce mismatch in servings per bag.

Heyo. We changed the number of meals to make an easier calorie measurement and weight. 100g of much easier to weigh out!

1 Like

Will just add on to what Tyler has said that only a small proportion of Huelers have 2000kcal of Huel everyday.

A lot of people have Huel 1-2 times a day so I wouldn’t worry about having a little left over.

Huel also has a shelf-life of 12 months unopened and 6 months when opened so that bit at the end is going to be used up!

Yep. I can personally vouch for that. Currently using a bag that was made 10 months ago and has been open for several weeks, and there’s no notable taste difference from brand new product. The powder stays good a long time if stored in an air conditioned house.

1 Like