What temperatures can it handle?

My boyfriend left the huel in his car for like a month to 2 months and I wanted to know if it was still good or not.
I live in Phoenix Arizona and we have had several days over 100 and it’s been in the car. The hottest day was 110. So I’m sure in the car it got hotter.
What ruin the nutrition? I have the heel white but I would also like to know about the heel black if possible.

Throw it away 100%.

1 Like

Thank you for the information it was really helpful.
I am curious if it’s technically okay because it’s only been a couple months. I do understand that I can’t keep it in storage like I was hoping to. But if I use them next, instead of last, then maybe it would be okay? I try to keep at least six bags of Huel.
I think it’s great emergency food.

If I don’t get an official answer, then I’ll stay on the safe side and just get rid of it.

Some of the nutrients may have degraded - will you be okay consuming it though, technically yes but you may not be receiving the full value of the nutrients. This is the best I could find with a related situation.

3 Likes

Thank you for researching everything for me lol

Yes it was very helpful. This does bring up a good point though. I don’t know the probiotics could stand up to heat. And a like this article says some of the vitamins are sensitive also.

By the way, I think it’s you that was doing the 60 day fuel. I’ve been following that and it has been really interesting. Especially because you include your blood work and everything.

We’ll see if the Huel team comes in with something :smile:

And thanks, I’m hoping it’ll help provide some insight to others if someone else wants to attempt a drastic change and allow them to make a more informed decision.

1 Like

It may be 100-110 outside, but cars get much hotter than the outside temp due to the greenhouse effect. So you potentially have stored the huel in near 170F heat for nearly 2 months. An ideal pantry temp should likely never rise above 85F

Cars most definitely get much hotter than outdoor temperatures. Years ago I saw a YouTube video of an egg getting cooked in the back seat of a car in Arizona.

That being said, I’m not sure about this. Some of us make Huel brownies so we clearly know it can handle higher temperatures. Whether or not there would be nutritional degradation due to the higher temperatures is unknown to me. @Dan_Huel can you chime in on the matter?

The pouches add a great deal of protection to even the most easily altered of micronutrients at high temperatures. There is no risk of the fats oxidizing at temperatures below 185F due to the nature of the ingredients in Huel.

If the powder smells off or rancid that’s a sign to chuck it.

2 Likes