What I've Learned So Far

New Huel user here. (Actually, two – my wife has been drinking it as well. She has a dairy allergy, so she’s really appreciating having food that isn’t going to make her cough and sneeze.) I love having it for workday lunches – it has completely eliminated having to spend time thinking about what to pack/buy.

I figured I’d share what we’ve learned about Huel so far, and then others can jump in with their thoughts:

1. Blend, blend, blend. The first couple of times I tried Huel, I shook it manually (call it the James Bond way). The end result was … not something that I wanted to continue drinking. Since then, we’ve been using a blender every time. We’ve found that the end result is much better.

2. Along with the blending, we also like to put in a few ice cubes with each serving.

3. The other item that I always like to put in with a serving is half a banana. It seems to give the shakes more smoothness.

4. Sometimes, we’ll make our shakes with almond milk (unsweetened), or half almond milk/half water. That also seems to make the end product smoother/less gritty.

5. I’ve put frozen fruit in with the vanilla and really liked the end result (my wife wasn’t as big a fan).

6. While the Huel bottle is nice, the real winner is an insulated bottle. It keeps the drinks colder for much longer. Room-temperature Huel quickly becomes “back to the refrigerator” Huel.

That’s what I’ve learned so far. Yet I am but a Huel padawan, and I’m sure there are plenty of Jedi Knights here with more suggestions …

6 Likes

You’re on point with everything.

PB2 powder is amazing to add to vanilla and banana, if you like the taste of peanut butter, and is easy/mess free compared to using the full peanut butter.

Pumpkin pie spice goes well in any vanilla, banana, PB based formulation.

Vanilla or chocolate Huel mixed in 6 oz of cold brew, a bit of almond milk, and the Huel Chai flavor additive is a very nice combo. One of my new favorites.

5 Likes

Great summary and tips. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

[searches PB2 powder on Google]

How is it possible I’ve gone all these years without ever hearing of it? Deron, my friend, you have opened up a new world to me. How much would you suggest adding?

I love chai flavor, so good to know that the chai flavor packets are a winner.

Thanks for replying!

4 Likes

Had a similar experience to yours :sweat_smile:

For a 400 to 600 calorie serving of Huel, I add 1 to 2 tablespoons of PB2 powder.