What does "dispatched" mean?

Hi, put in an order yesterday. The site says something about my order having been “dispatched”? Does that mean it’s been shipped? If so, when can I expect a tracking label or shipping email?

dispatched/despatched/shipped

same general meaning

1 Like

Got it, thanks @matt009!

Here is a link to a free online library for your future dictionary needs. :slight_smile:

Haha, thanks @OdetteBlack :joy:. I’m not sure if you were being sarcastic there and making fun of me, but in the case you were, my question wasn’t about the definition of dispatched as a word in the English language, it was about the context of the verb. If you weren’t being sarcastic, thank you (seriously) for the link, but I know what the word means.

In particular, I was not sure what dispatch was referring to. Did it mean FedEx got the package and there is a tracking number I can find? Does it mean they dispatched the order to an internal warehouse for sending it to FedEx? Does it mean that my order was dispatched to a sales person to process?

Hope that clears things up. If you were indeed being sarcastic, my response boils down to this: it turns out that understanding the English language requires more than just definitions, it requires the context of the words so you can apply the definition. That context was missing for a first-timer like me.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure dispatched means they have printed the shipping label (and placed it on your package), and it’s up to FedEx now to get the package to you.

1 Like

Seems like that’s the consensus, yup! Thanks!