What are the best ways to add carbs to Huel, without a blender (shaker bottle only)?

Normally I would just blend in a banana (or other fruit) to increase the carbs, but I have been quite a bit busier lately and mostly just using the shaker bottle to quickly make my Huel. What kind of carb source can I add that will dissolve/blend easily with just the shaker bottle? Ideally something that’s not just pure sugar (or honey, maple syrup, etc).

2 Likes

You could just eat a banana while you drink your huel.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m looking for something that I can actually mix in to my Huel.

1 Like

I’m afraid the only carbs that are going to easily dissolve/mix with huel in a shaker bottle via shaking are going to be the things you’ve already stated you don’t want to use. Using milk instead of water is the only thing I can think of, but that’s just liquid sugar with some protein and fat. Same with any other carb that isn’t a chewable food.

You can buy powdered grains, fruit and veggies online. I mix in kale, spinach, beets, blueberry, strawberry powders I also use cocoa and plant based milks.
You can also use powdered / ground quinoa, oatmeal, rice, stuff like that to boost carbs.

1 Like

Sweet, I had no idea. @leyley123 Thanks for asking this and @Monkeyshark Thanks for the info!

@Monkeyshark Thanks for the info and ideas!

Which Huel powder are you using? Another suggestion would be you could either blend up some additional oats and have this in a separate container to add in (though it may have some grittiness depending on how fine you can get the oats) or possibly try getting some additional oat flour to add? I never tried this myself so I can’t say how well it would work, how thick it would get, or how it would taste but just a suggestion as we use oats in Huel v3.0 powder!

@Charlotte_Huel I am using the original powder (vanilla flavor). And that’s a good suggestion about the oats, I will give that a try! Thank you!

1 Like

You bet, you can use coffee grinder, food processor or blender to blend stuff down. Oats grind easy, rice and quinoa not as easy.

1 Like

Let me know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Use Oatmeal powder. It can even be made yourself if you don’t want to buy premade stuff.

Try plain yogurt and powdered pb in your next shake.

1 Like

you could check the kencko products.