What are the best meal [replacement] powders today?

Consumer Affairs’ Top 5

Latest Vegan News (Huel is #2!)

LIVESTRONG.com

Please, add more if you’d like to.

I think some of these rankings are such a joke and biased. The best meal replacement shake for weight loss is the one that keeps you full while preventing you from exceeding your daily caloric intake goal. That being said, just because you’re losing weight, it doesn’t mean that you’re actually getting the necessary nutrients your body needs on a daily basis.

The better question is, which is the best nutritionally complete meal replacement shake? Any meal replacement shake can help you lose weight if you consume it properly.

1 Like

I think some of these rankings are such a joke and biased.

Of course they’re going to have some degree of bias, they’re human opinions. They’re inherently bias by nature. Same as your opinions here…and mine, of course. That doesn’t preclude that the points you made lack validity, but they are written as absolutes and that can be confusing. For instance;

The best meal replacement shake for weight loss is the one that keeps you full while preventing you from exceeding your daily caloric intake goal.

The best, the worst, the whatever-est are all subjective absolutes, which is a contradiction in terms. But that’s one of many flaws in language. Maybe something like,

An effective meal replacement shake for weight loss would help to prevent you from exceeding your D.C.I.G. by keeping you satisfied until your next meal.

After all, nothing can actually prevent you from doing practically anything you want to do. Except maybe death, and even that isn’t always the case…but I digress. lol. :laughing:

That being said, just because you’re losing weight, it doesn’t mean that you’re actually getting the necessary nutrients your body needs on a daily basis.

Sort of true, however, how do you equate losing weight with getting or not getting nutrients? One doesn’t necessarily depend on the other. I lose weight every time I get undressed and that had nothing to do with food at all. Silly as that may sound, it’s still true. Ideally, we want to lose fat, not just weight. Muscles and bones have weight, as do our organs, but we don’t want to lose them [unnecessarily] do we? Of course not. But again, faulty language is to blame.

The better question is, which is the best nutritionally complete meal replacement shake?

Better, yes… The ideal question to ask would probably have been, “Which is the most nutritionally complete meal-replacement product available today?”

Any meal replacement shake can help you lose weight if you consume it properly.
What if you consume it improperly?? Can it still help me? Of course it can. If you consume much less than is recommended, and consume nothing else, you will probably lose weight.

I hope I made my point clear. Be well!

I’m sorry, I don’t really have time during the day to read through long-winded responses. What I meant by biased is that many of these sites receive an incentive for you clicking on the link to purchase said product.

Perhaps I should have been clearer in my response as it appears that what I was implying didn’t resonate well.

2 Likes

Actually, what you were attempting to convey did, in fact, resonate with me. It was the way you actually conveyed it that compelled me to reply at length as I did. Don’t take it personal tho, it’s how I channel my ADD, OCD, and ASD. Although I neglected to thank you for the stimulus, it was much appreciated. Promise!

No need to apologize, it’s really not that long so read at your convenience after the sun sets. I’m a slow reader (blessed with dyslexia) and it only takes me 4-5 mins. so I’m sure it will be less for you.

Be well…