Hello from Atlanta :)

Greetings from Atlanta, GA, USA, y’all! :blush: I finally caved in and ordered a shipment of two bags. I have about 70lbs to lose, which has proved challenging. I’m a 45 year-old single mom whose metabolism has pretty much died. I exercise 3-5 times per week, but not a lot of fat loss (well, not that I can see…others keep telling me different but i’m still in the same size clothes so…). I know nutrition is the key. I prefer juicing with fresh fruits/vegetables rather than preparing a powdered meal replacement, BUT… that is time consuming and expensive… two things I don’t have a lot of. It’s difficult to feed a family of three healthily on the small budget I have at present (the rice, beans, pasta budget, which is the best I can do for now). So…I’ve decided to try this for breakfast/lunch and eat regular dinner with family. I’m hoping that with my current exercise regimen and sensible portions/dinners, I will be able to obtain a noticeable difference.

Welcome to Huel-land. Wait, is that a place? Oh well. Welcome to the board.

You planning on using a blender and preparing it ahead of time each day or will you be mixing and shaking on the spot?

Hey Deron! :slight_smile: That’s a really good question… I’ve not decided yet. What do you recommend? I will probably try it both ways, tho I do like to prep ahead of time because I tend to run late and get distracted and forget things.

Good morning from the Land of Enchantment! I, too have just began Huel and all I can say is WOW! Had my first shake this morning and I can honestly say that it’s the best meal replacement shake I have ever had! I used my Ninja Blender this morning and added 1 cup of frozen berries and also used 300 ml of Unsweetened Almond Milk, 200 ml of water, and 2 scoops. I also need to loose 70 lbs., and I am off to a good start! Good luck to you on your journey!

Lori

I don’t bother with a blender.

I just throw in three scoops, maybe a scoop of instant coffee, 500 mL water, and shake the crap out of it.

I find it’s best if you can leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to an hour to “cook” first.

I’ve never used a blender for mine either.

My recommendation is to always use a blender. I always do for mine. Blending not only makes the mix more homogeneous, but it allows you to add things if you want (which I recommend).

I prepare both my doses and my GF’s doses for the next day before bedtime. Stored in an insulated bottle. Then the next day I can toss a few ice cubes in, re-seal, throw in my bag, and I’m good for the whole day at work. Super easy. Then I can sip at any time at work since it’s already in suspension.

My huel came today!! I got the vanilla flavor. I mixed a “test batch” when I got home, using vanilla almond milk and OMG IT WAS SO GOOD! Way better than I expected!!! Far better than other things ive tried!! Even my teenager liked it!

I made my huels for tomorrow…those, I blended and threw in some blueberries. That also turned out really good!

So, the Huel Adventure begins tomorrow!

So far, so good!!! I’ve been using Huel at work for breakfast and lunch (and yesterday, a late afternoon snack)… and I’ve not been hungry at all. I make it the night before and it really does make a difference letting it set overnight. :slight_smile: Finally bought a scale, so along with my exercise routine, will see what happens over time. :slight_smile: