Weight loss for a busy young woman who doesn't have much time to exercise

Hi there everyone. Today was my first day on Huel! I have really high hopes, but am wary.

A little about me:

I am a 26 year old woman. 5’8 and barreling towards 200 lbs (197 as of today). The last time I felt like I was a decent weight was 3 years ago when I was 175. My goal weight is 160.

I generally eat quite well. No dessert, no fast food, no soda. However, there are some things that have contributed to my weight gain.

• I have a full time job and am in graduate school so I live a pretty sedentary (and stressful) lifestyle

• I like to drink (especially red wine)

• I am on an antidepressant that has been linked to weight gain

I have tried a LOT of different ways to lose weight over the years. Keto, myfitnesspal, freshly and most recently snap kitchen. Nothing ever works. Somehow I just keep gaining and gaining and gaining. Very discouraging.

If anyone has a similar story to mine and has had success with weight loss on Huel (particularly if you’re a woman who isn’t very active) please let me know! I’d really like to know this is possible for someone like me.

Thank you!

Charley

1 Like

Hey Charley,

So I’m not an inactive woman but let me see if I can help.

Huel isn’t specifically designed as a weight loss product it’s simply food. To lose weight you need to consume less calories than you need.

Alcohol is a biggie because after fat it is the most calorie dense “nutrient”. It may help if you use a calorie calculator like my fitness pal so you can track your calories and all your snacks too.

Stress, some antidepressants and drinking your calories are all ways that can result in a gradual increase in calorie intake throughout the day.

Hopefully this guide helps you too: https://huel.com/pages/guide-to-fat-loss

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

1 Like

bump Charley, I feel your pain, as I’m in much your same boat, but shorter and older, and neither of those factors make the game any easier. Newsflash: It’s only going to get harder as you age! I just started today, so I don’t have any advice, but if you’re still around, I would like to hear an update on how you’ve been doing.

For me, I’ve been struggling in 2019 - I began the year in rehab from a knee surgery, and and have never really recovered my former level of exercise. And I switched to a super low fat vegan diet in 2019 and found I was gaining weight while feeling tired all the time and lacking the energy to exercise like I should. (I should note for the record that my BF seems to be doing just great on it - I am NOT blaming being vegan for my woes.) I’m hoping Huel will help in 2020 by taking the work out of getting all the nutrition I need for 2 meals a day, and helping me feel more satisfied and focused and less snacky.

Hello Charley,
I have just started using Huel and shopping at snap kitchen as well and I may not be a woman but I am in the same boat. I work in a hospital and on my feet all day and when I go home I want to sleep and not workout. But for me also no matter what I have tried I can’t seem to lose weight… but I will say that you do have to reduce your calorie intake to lose weight but everyone already knows that… Although it’s not made for weight loss but it will help you get healthier and most likely lose weight just by helping you reduce your calorie intake. And some of those meals from snap kitchen are great tasting and low in calories.