Water intake (forgetful)

I’ve been using Huel twice a day, and I think the drinking motion has me forgetting to take in water. I do not use water in my Huel as I don’t prefer it. Does anyone have any best practices for remembering to drink water? I’m not hydrated enough and I’d love to up my water intake. Suggestions are appreciated!

1 Like

I take 3 x big bottles of water to work, the first one I start after my first Huel and the second after my lunch time huel and then one on the way home if I fancy. I tend to only finish two but I have the third as a back up. If I don’t sip water all day I end up snacking so this is what works for me, it’s only day 3 so early days but it seems to be going well. I got my water bottles from amazon and they’re by a company called ‘more water’. They’re cylinder shaped and the straws are long so you consume more than you realise and before you know it you’ve cleared a whole bottle. Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

Straws seem to be helpful at home. So I think a water bottle with a straw would be very helpful. Thank you!

I’m trying to send you a photo of my bottles in case you wanted to get some. They work a treat for me. Just had my morning huel now I got water all morning until lunch time x

1 Like

@tmart - In addition to using Huel powder, I am doing Intermittent Fasting, so in the morning, I am drinking more water than the remainder of the day. My routine to drink more water is having a bottle with me 24/7. I have a Contigo bottle (24 oz.) double wall, filled with ice & water. I have that bottle with me 24/7. I bring it to work, I bring it home, I have it by my bed, etc… It’s always within arms reach and I am now in the habit of drinking from it constantly. I fill it 4 - 5 times per day, drinking 96 - 105 oz. of water daily.
Contigo-Water-Bottle-sm

2 Likes

A fun little idea - There are some phenomenal smartphone apps out there that will actually send you reminders throughout the day to drink more water! :smile:

2 Likes

I dilute the milk in mine with some water because I prefer it a little thinner. I also do the intermittent fasting like @MNSk8r so I drink a good bit of water to prevent hunger from striking. Keeping it within arms reach is a good reminder & I even keep the bottle open so my brain thinks to close it, though instead I usually just take a drink.

1 Like

There’s a water bottle that tracks your water intake if you really wanna get hitech about it Lol

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Think I’ll carry a bottle around. I tend to ignore any apps I have, even reminders for some reason. Just trying to get in the habit and some of these suggestions are super helpful! Thanks!

How can you consume it without water? You eat the powder? :frowning:

Totally. Straight up powder for this girl right here.

I use almond milk. It’s really good and I like the texture better.

1 Like

Lol! One of my lodgers used to mix it with milk. I prefer water but I add a tablespoon of olive oil.

Here is an idea (I do this myself): keep a glass of water next to your Huel, and alternate sips.

1 Like