Resisting Temptation + Feeling Fuller

I’m loving having Huel as both morning and afternoon meal. I don’t get hungry until 3-5pm on one 3 scoop Huel with added hot chocolate.

However, I’m terribly hungry and I’m making horrible mistakes eating when I finally get hungry. My husband and I eat later dinner around 7-9pm. Keeping in mind that I’m trying to stay under 1,500 calories as a 5’2” 185lbs women. I want solid food in my diet and the social expense of eating with my husband. I don’t know what to do with this 3-7pm hunger. Please help!

Plus side of Huel is that I feel much fuller all day when I’ve had my serving and I eat less overall when I’ve had some.

If I were in your shoes, I would:

1. Continue having a full Huel meal for breakfast
  2. When the hunger monster strikes between 3p - 7p have a 250 calorie serving of Huel.
  3. Drink plenty of water

Doing this should help curb your appetite and leaves 750 calories to have a decent solid food dinner with the hubby.

2 Likes

My personal plan is to eat no more than 1750 calories a day. I practice intermittent fasting so I don’t eat from 7pm to 11am. I’ve never been very hungry in the mornings anyway so this was easier for me to incorporate into my day than what other people may experience.

When I get up in the mornings I fill my Huel shaker to the brim with water and start drinking. When I get to work (about 7am) I perform my morning duties and have a cup of coffee by 8am. This will hold me over until lunch time which is 11am (although sometimes I do have a light snack around 250 calories like an apple with peanut butter). I usually drink about a liter of water by lunchtime. I have a full Huel meal for lunch.

From after lunch to time to leave work I drink about another liter of water. Then I have a whopping 1,000 to 1,250 calories for another light snack and to enjoy dinner with my family. I end up consuming about 3 liters of water per day.

I’m still a noob (just a little over a week in) but I’ve stuck to this routine. I’ve noticed I have more energy throughout the day and my cravings for bad (but delicious :smile:) food are much easier to manage. I’ve lost 2lbs since last weekly weight in! I’m 5’10" 212lbs and my goal is to get back down to my fighting weight 185lbs. Weekly goal is to lose 1-2lbs per week.

Lasting health is a marathon not a sprint!

1 Like

I think that’s the plan I can do. Though I’ll be drinking Jimmy Joy (the harrasy!) in the afternoons. I got it to shake up my meal replacements on my meal replacement only days (Monday) due to class.

1 Like