Update at the Month Mark—Day Nine on Huel Twice a Day

New to Huel
I saw an ad for Huel on Instagram and was intrigued. After lurking on both the UK and US forums, I took the plunge and ordered a month’s worth for two meals—breakfast and lunch—per day. So far I have been pleased and feel more energetic.

Taste
I like the taste, but I am also a fan of oatmeal and Malt-O-Meal. I would probably like Ready Brek if I were British. I do prefer it cold after it has sat in the refrigerator for a while. It tastes like a slightly sweet oatmeal shake.

Top Three Add-ins

1. Eight raw cashews with cinnamon and nutmeg
  2. Just cinnamon and nutmeg
  3. Frozen strawberries blended in

Pros

• Huel makes it easy to track calories as I am working to lose fat.
  • I feel “even” meaning not too full or too hungry. I think is is good for retraining myself from relying on junk food or candy.
  • My clothes feel more comfortable already. (I will weigh myself at the end of the month as I want to focus on being healthier instead of just losing weight and obsessively weighing every day.)

Cons

• Due to the extra fiber I am going #2 more often. I would rather just go once a day at home before work.
  • Gassy for the first five days. This has gotten a lot better this week.
6 Likes

This morning I added strawberries and a handful of fresh spinach. It was fantastic!

1 Like

Hey @Christy

Glad to hear it’s going well for you so far!

You’re not alone in mentioning slight gastro-intestinal discomfort when starting Huel. But not to fear, it’s not a bad thing! As Huel is high in fiber it can lead to positive changes in your gut, but sometimes this requires a little getting used to. We suggest reducing Huel intake to 1 or 2 serves per day, allowing your gut to adapt, and then increase steadily.

Keep going with the flavour experimenting & report back on anything particularly delicious!

2 Likes

I just completed one month of replacing two meals per day with Huel. My personal trainer weighed me today and I’ve lost 10 pounds since starting Huel!

My farts are still pungent, but I am pleased with the results. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i had to re-read that last sentence…

congrats on keeping up with it! been trying to get there myself.

2 Likes