Time it takes to drink, new to Huel

Just started Huel this morning, normally not a breakfast eater at all. Made my Huel last night to drink this morning. With that said, it took me around 45 minutes to drink 1 serving. Does it take everyone that long to drink it or was it just because of the thickness of the mix?
Between 8-9 this morning I was drinking it, felt very full, then was feeling hungry again by 12:30 or so. Not sure what to expect, other than I was usually eating my first meal around 12:30 or so. I am hoping that this will change over time - adding in meals. Hoping to lose some weight by using Huel and not eating the bad things that I’ve been eating way too long.

I customize my shakes based on my needs for that day. I typically add more water to make them easier to drink, I also use just 1/2 cup (250 kcal) for my usual shake. In order to make up the calories, I add other ingredients as well (kefir, yogurt, almond butter, flax oil, etc)

It’s good for the shake to last you for 3-4 hours if you are not fasting. You should be eating about that often (if you are on a standard ~2000 kcal/day diet)

Cheers,

1 Like

Hi Eric,

I would say on average, it usually takes me about 30 minutes to drink my Huel unless I’m in a hurry. But I also like my shakes on the thicker side, so it takes longer to drink, but I feel like it keeps me fuller longer. If you add more water, the consistency will be thinner and possibly easier to drink for you. It can take a little experimenting to find your perfect Huel and everyone is different. Here are some tips on flavor if you feel like mixing things up: https://us.huel.com/pages/how-to-use#flavour
Also, here is a guide to losing weight with Huel: https://us.huel.com/pages/guide-to-fat-loss

Best,

Teresa

1 Like

If I use a blender and some ice with my vanilla Huel, it can take me ten to twenty minutes. If I just use water and shake it by hand, I can get it down in a few minutes easily. I think it’s whatever experience you’re after. I have never taken 45 minutes. But if that’s how long it takes you, cool. I don’t think it really matters.

My normal mix is three scoops with a total fill to the 600ml mark. I found that making 100ml of the liquid milk makes me able to drink it quicker. I’m not really sure why but it seemed to reduce the reaction that make me think I need to stop and chew it.