The scoops seem wasteful

I love huel because of its low impact and zero food waste (and can’t wait for bags I can recycle) but I don’t like getting new scoops with each order. It seems wasteful to me. Could huel just include them with the first order like the shirts and shaker bottle and then have them available for a small fee if you wanted more? I’m running out of ways to repurpose my unwanted scoops.

1 Like

Hi @Sarah42! Thank you so much for raising this. Truthfully we have always prided ourselves on only sending scoops in first time orders, naturally being that they’ll outlast many Huel pouches. On my end, it appears you’ve only placed one order under the email associated with your current forum account. Is it possible you have orders being placed under a second email?

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week and if you need anything in the future, don’t hesitate to give us a shout!

Oh that’s great to hear! I looked at my emails and it looks like I might have placed one order without setting up an account or something.

Thanks for looking out for us!

No problem at all!:grin: That’s what I’m here for.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been getting extra scoops with my recent orders as well. No idea why, but they’ve been placed in the box all the same. Last time, I also got an extra shaker too.

Yeah, I agree Sarah. I use it as a spoon but I use a gram scale. Then again, everyone probably doesnt have a gram scale.

Wait, when was this happening? I have never been able to get a scoop included in my order since 1.1 was released, despite clicking the little box. I am still using my OG scoop from March or April 2018. Doesn’t matter anymore since I’m already calibrated on the OG scoop and my kitchen measuring cups. And there was this one time a few months back where someone on the forum mentioned a kitchen scale, but we got the pitch forks and torches and took care of that. Freaking witchcraft.

It’s a really interesting observation how many posts on this forum are based on scoops. Most of them missing scoops. So it’s rather refreshing to see someone is actually getting too many. The universe is balanced.

2 Likes

@redjack: Same here received 2 scoops and a shaker with my second order. If only I could have got the t-shirt I would have completed the trifecta.

I never receive any extras unless requested.
I’m wishing for a second free shaker to show up sometime. My first shaker is getting nasty after 18 months.

I don’t think the plastic scoops are a big deal. Think of all the plastic containers that you go thru in a typical week. But I suppose they add up. You know what would be nice - an attractive stainless steel scoop. Soylent used to send out one of those to new customers. I still use mine all the time.