I still want to eat!

Hello.

I just started using Huel as a meal-replacement last week. So far, I’ve had a pretty decent experience. The hardest part for me has been breaking the habit of eating in the evening hours. I turn into a werewolf once the sun sets and I want to eat ANYTHING I can get my hands on. Does anyone have any advice beyond “just stay busy” to offer?

1 Like

Are you doing 100% Huel? If so, you should gradually get yourself to that point by starting with breakfast or lunch as your only Huel meal. Eventually, you’ll be able to get yourself to two-three meals without any issues (if those are your intentions). I personally do two Huel meals per day with 2 cups of mixed berries as a snack in between.

2 Likes

Not yet. But that is the goal. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

This sounds like a habit so after overcoming it a few weeks in a row you should be able to break it.

Try having a high protein, high fiber meal in the evening. The aim is to make sure you’re full and then you’re only dealing with the psychological aspects of wanting to snack rather than the physical aspects too.

If you do want to snack in the evening then try not to buy, or put the unhealthier snacks like chips out of reach. That way you have to make a conscious effort to get them giving you more power. You could also snack on foods like unsalted popcorn and dried fruit to beat the urge while also eating something relatively healthy.

2 Likes

So I have been using Huel now consistently for over a year. Here is how it goes for me:
Morning = 1 scoop huel + 1 scoop protein + 1 via starbucks coffee = Breakfast
Afternoon = 2 scoop huel + walk around
Evening = I eat a solid food dinner with wife/family. Some extra calories are fine here if you have followed the morning and afternoon pattern. No big deal.

I also workout every other evening and then drink a protein shake after/. That helps with my appetite and wanting more food. Then I am pretty tired and hit the bed around 830 -9 and stay away from other food. Works pretty well for the most part.

2 Likes