Reducing Ceramides to improve Insulin Resistance

I have seen marketing materials promoting super green shakes that can reverse Type 2 Diabetes. They are promoting that there are phytochemicals that can help block or remove Ceramides from you system. I did some research and Ceramides are in fact contributing the development of Type 2 Diabetes. I was able to find some research supporting the role of Mediterranean Diet in supporting the catabolism of Ceramides (Tuttolomondo A, Simonetta I, Daidone M, Mogavero A, Ortello A, Pinto A. Metabolic and Vascular Effect of the Mediterranean Diet. Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Sep 23;20(19):4716. doi: 10.3390/ijms20194716. PMID: 31547615; PMCID: PMC6801699.). I am wondering about Huel’s take on this subject. Also, I am thinking about adding walnuts and olive oil as supplements to my Huel meals. I am using a 50/50 mix of v3 U/U with Flavored Black powder three times a day with a sensible plate method dinner. Any harms in supplementing my meals with walnuts and olive oil using a nutribullet to mix? Does Huel already have the right balance of nutrients to help improve insulin resistance through Ceramide pathway inhibition or catabolism? Let me you know your thoughts on all of this.

1 Like