Question about Nutrition Facts & Sugars

I started huel with a half bag of vanilla my brother gave me.

Just got my first shipment of huel Friday. U/U, Berry, Chocolate, & Vanilla.
I also bought the chocolate mint flavor boost.
Here’s the thingThe nutrition facts are confusing.

Nutrition facts: (Below Values are for 400 / 2000 kcal servings)

Vanilla:
total sugar - 1g or 4g
added sugar - 1g or 3g
75% or 3g added sugars? / 25% or 1g natural sugars?

U/U:
total sugar - 1g / 4g
added sugar - 1g / 2g
same sugar content as vanilla? 66.67% as many added sugars as vanilla?
50% or 2g added sugars? / 50% or 2g natural sugars?

Berry:
total sugar - 1g / 4g
added sugar - 1g / 4g
100% or 4g added sugars? 0% or 0g natural sugars?

Chocolate:
total sugar - 1g / 5g
added sugar - 1g / 3g

Mint Chocolate Flavor Boost:
Powder System
Serving size: 1/2 tsp (2g)
Calories: 7
Sodium: 1mg
Total Sugars: 0g
Added Sugars: 0g
Ingredients: Natural Flavor, Cocoa, Steviol Glycosides.

I have a problem with fake sugars. As such, I was hoping to use half U/U half other, and a little flavor boost. But how does U/U have the same amount of sugar!? Totally confused here.
Also, exactly how much Stevia is in these flavor boosts. 0g seems too good to be true. especially after reading the U/U label. @JamesCollier @everyone

Hey Antone, good spot there and I can totally see where your confusion is coming from.

The FDA like labeling that is clear, one of the downsides of this is the numbers are rounded. So, when you are working with small numbers (in this case below 5g) it’s really easy for one number to round up and another to round down and then the label looks a bit odd.

For example, the U/U for all intents and purposes contains no added sugar. The added sugar comes from very small amounts of maltodextrin (below 1g) that is used as a carrier for some of the vitamins and minerals. There are no flavorings/artificial sweeteners in U/U.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe Stevia is labeled as an added sugar, and this amount varies from flavor to flavor.

1 Like