Pumpkin Huel muffins

Hi all:

Here in lovely Ohio its pumpkin season and I had a minute to try some ideas I’ve had about some pumpkin muffins using Huel as a gluten free flour substitute. They turned out so well!

Here’s the recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1.5 cups Huel

Baking powder 1 .5 tsp

Baking Soda 1 tsp

1 tsp salt

Cinnamon, allspice 1/2 tsp each ( or more to taste)

2 cups pumpkin ( one can of organic pumpkin)

1/3 cup olive oil

2 eggs

1/3 cup honey

1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients. Mix on high for 5 minutes. Add raisins if using. Spoon into muffin tins after spraying or coating with olive oil or cooking spray.

Bake on lower rack of oven for 15 min then move to upper rack for 10-15 min or until toothpick comes out dry after checking middle muffin.

Set out to cool and enjoy!!!

5 Likes

O … M … G

I am seriously considering trying this. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Let me know what you think. I haven’t figured out calories and macronutrients, but I’m coming up with a bread next.

1 Like

Oh my goodness! I may need to convince @sherry_huel to make these for us!

They are pretty amazing!

1 Like

Mine are quite soft in the middle. Kinda like mini pumpkin pies. Still delicious. The cookies are flatter and see more solid. At the end I made one giant cookie with the remaining batter.

2 Likes

Deron:

These look wonderful!

Great idea with the cookies.

Muffins will need more time in your oven or you can lessen the liquid. I used organic canned pumpkin which has less liquid than most other brands.

If you used your own pumpkin or a different type of canned pumpkin, that may account for the soft centers as more liquid went into the mix.

Enjoy!

Lenore

2 Likes