Basic Pancake Recipe

Hey guys, I’ve been dabbling in making different recipes using Huel as a whole or partial substitute for regular flour products. My goal is just to incorporate Huel as extra nutrition rather than trying to use it as a 100% substitute. I just made my first batch of pancakes yesterday, and I figured I could share the draft recipe for you all to tweak or enjoy as is.

First, the list of stuff you’ll need to make these:

1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup Vanilla Huel
1-3 tsp baking soda (more soda = more fluffy)
1-2 tsp vegetable oil
2/3 - 1 1/2 cups milk (I eyeballed after the first cup until the consistency was right)
2 eggs

Optional ingredients:
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1-4 tbsp plain sugar or honey (to taste, feel free to sub other sweeteners or leave it out)
2-4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp ground flax seeds

Onto the cooking!

1. Stir together all ingredients until blended. Let sit for 5-10 min while you pre-heat your skillet.
    1a. Preheat oven to Warm setting or 175°F (I do this to keep them warm while cooking the rest)

2. Heat skillet over medium heat; grease with cooking spray, vegetable oil or shortening. If you are using a nonstick skillet, skip the grease.

3. Pour 1/4 cupfuls onto hot skillet.

4. Cook until edges are dry, about 2 minutes. Flip; cook until golden brown and fluffy.

I plan on making some variations to this recipe for myself, but the way these came out was surprisingly good. The texture was obviously not the same as a regular pancake, but overall I would definitely make these again.

1 Like

Very nice. I am considering trying this tomorrow. Special occasion, so I will be cooking breakfast. I am thinking I can sneak the Huel as a flour substitute and she might not know. Interesting choice to add the flax seeds.

I would definitely go for the PB in my pancakes, but she is not a big fan like I am. I am wondering if I could replace the PB with something like a mashed up banana. And then stir in whole blueberries in after everything whisked. Or crushed walnuts/pecans instead of the peanut butter.

PB was supposed to be in the optional category. A mashed up banana would work as well. Nuts are gonna be in my next round of them for sure. She’ll definitely be able to tell you didn’t use all flour, the texture is quite different from a normal pancake. But the Huel taste is pretty muted overall.