Nutritional calorie question

Hi all,

I’m trying to do a month or so of 90% Huel/vite ramen once food comes in, but right now I’m doing about 800 calories a day of Huel powder and maybe 500-800 of a normal meal and snacks.

I’m about 5’11 and 160ish (no scale) and find even with exercise I’m not really hungry enough to eat 1600 calories a day without forcing it most days. The powder fills me up alright, and I’m sure the hot and savoury will also. Technically with my activity level calorie calcs have me eating at 1900-2000 to maintain and 1600 to lose (I’d like to lose 4-5 pounds and tone a bit).

My question is whether I should be forcing myself to eat up to those 1600 calories or if I should just focus on eating/snacking when I’m actually hungry (probably most of the time would end up being around 1200-1500 calories a day). I know Huel and powder and the vite ramen is real food so I don’t want to overload and gain bad weight, but I don’t want to eat an unhealthy amount in the opposite direction either.

Any insight is appreciated! By the way, I’m loving the taste of Huel. The black coffee caramel tastes very much like a frappe to me!

(This eating healthy most of the time is hard on calories. Back when I didn’t care, one meal could get me those 1600-2000 calories lol.)

It’s natural to feel more satiated by moving away from junk foods.

A good rule of thumb is up to 1lb of weight loss a week is healthy for the average person. Calorie calculators are just a guide so using a set of scales and weighing yourself weekly is a good way to keep an eye on your progress and to help adjust your diet if needed.