Nothing But Huel For 60 Days Straight (Ongoing: Day 35 Of 60)

My goal is to lose weight, and because its very easy to calculate exactly how much I’m taking in, it makes it simple to lose weight, or maintain if wanted. I’ve lost a very significant amount of weight since I started which I’ll update or make a new post on all results on the 30 day mark. Whats even better is I haven’t started working out yet which I will soon. I’m seriously amazed with the progress and ease of doing it, its a huge difference even after 20 days already.

Edit: Saw it was a reply to DM87 :laughing: As long as the meal from the Vegan prep company doesn’t overtake his expenditure, he wouldn’t gain any weight and may lose weight if the expenditure is enough, same concept as using Huel, just Huel is easy to manage but the prep company is easy to manage and real food; I opt out of that currently just because Huel is much more affordable. I take it @DM87 that it’s nice to eat food everyday too

2 Likes

I’m losing… my goal has always been to lose fat and retain muscle, so that it doesn’t go along with the fat I’m burning. In addition to my dietary habits, I get no less than 10,000 steps per day and do resistance band training 5 days a week. My caloric intake is anywhere from 1600-1850 per day. Note that I allow myself 1 cheat day per week.

3 Likes

Lol! I work in finance and have no time to actually cook a meal which is why Huel and Veestro are so instrumental in my life. That being said, I like keeping things balanced so I still incorporate whole foods into my daily food intake.

3 Likes

Wait wait wait wait wait - is that your photo? It looks like half a 33-meal flavor pack was dropped into each shaker? Wow!

1 Like

I just use one of those small plastic spoons and put one into each pouch - I admit the one that looks like a mountain, the third one down, it had little left to where I couldn’t grab any with the spoon, and no point leaving a little bit in there, so I dumped the rest! It might look like a lot from the photo but it’s not that much :laughing:

You know, I think we could eat nothing but flavor packs and still be better off than if we’d gone through the McDonald’s drive-thru.

4 Likes

If I had to choose, Cici’s pizza everyday would be pretty great, got pizza, protein, and salad all day :smile:

Steve’s pizza is better:3

1 Like

Currently, my go to has been Sweet Earth’s Vegan Pizza line up which they sell at Whole Foods (aka Whole Paycheck). When I’m back in NYC, it’s open season on some of the best :pizza: ever!

1 Like

Updated - I included initial blood work on the google doc form - Everything is mostly normal range except HDL of course. I’ve struggled with HDL for a couple years, so I’m hoping it’ll go up a little after next weeks results.

1 Like

gonna be heading back into the office next week, hoping the habits i’ve picked up in quarantine stick - no caffeine, no carbonation, very limited fast food - because i spent way too much money on it before. been thinking of doing the 16/8 with huel for lunch, and then “a sensible dinner”

1 Like

I like the log, interesting to read. Pizza was a big weakness for me too as I transitioned to a healthier lifestyle. So many calories, so little nutrition, so… not filling.

The next slice of pizza you eat is going to be like an acid trip in your mouth.

It looks by your food diary that you’re on track to lose some weight, probably a significant amount of water weight, and a few lbs of fat too after the first 30 says. This is a pretty dramatic diet change, though… what is your plan for your diet after the 60 days are up?

It’s going to be tempting to return to old habits, so it’ll be a good idea to have some kind of plan in place to transition from the Huel-only diet to something sustainable and healthy for the long term. How do you see things going another month from now?

2 Likes

I lost almost 100 lbs in a year that way. Been maintaining for a few months now–Huel makes tracking your food intake ridiculously easy… Not eating does too, for that matter, haha.

4 Likes

Cravings are gone, for the most part, it’s only such a short time but feels like forever since I’ve had that rush of dopamine from Pizza. Depending on how the blood results go, I might continue doing Huel-Only except for one day a week for a cheat meal. I love not needing other food, cooking, preparing, surely that’s not just me.

And 100 lbs in a year is incredible, that is strong dedication and I say congratulations seriously.

To add - household waste production has dramatically decreased :laughing:

2 Likes

that’d be great for me… currently hanging out a bit over 300… would love to get down to 200… even 180 is the “ideal” but… we’ll see what happens!

2 Likes

Really looking forward to seeing you progress through this challenge. Bookmarking for later.

2 Likes

Have you tryed chewing gum after the huel for your body to think its eating after the shake

1 Like

Chewing gum tends to get me gassy.

Chewing gum after a couple minutes gives stinging pain in my teeth, and its pretty painful. :frowning:

@Deron Updated Google Docs for new bloodwork. I will be making some changes to my routine for these next 30 days - Drinking more water (currently someday I might drink absolutely no water besides days I work out), along with beginning cardio/weight lifting frequency to 3 to 5 days a week.

2 Likes