I’ve been using Huel for 3 days, but I have to contradict some of the complaints that I’ve read from others.
- For me, plain huel, without flavorings or sweeteners, tastes fine. No problem at all. Adding more ingredients daily can become a hassle. I just want a quick easy meal and huel is the answer.
- I’m a big guy, but find that 2 scoops in 400ml of water or milk, twice a day is all that I need. I also eat a lite salad and small ketogenic foods throughout the day. I’ve been dropping weight rapidly, but I’m also doing intermittent fasting and a gallon of water a day.
- Clean up is a breeze, because after I drink the huel, I add water to the container, shake again and then drink the water (hydrate!). This effectively cleans the container until I get a chance to wash it out. No gunk, no build-up, no residue.
- I read a tip to hold the cap down as you drink so as not to get particles dropped on your body. Great idea! For those that don’t like to hold the cap, then just pour into a regular glass or cup after shaking. Easy.
- Shaking is definitely adequate for mixing; no blender needed, especially if you prepare it an hour or so ahead of time. Just shake a bit before drinking and the huel is completely incorporated.