New Huel user questions on consumption

So I was introduced to Huel 2 days ago and was considering trying it in a 2 week test as an all liquid all huel diet. Are their any pitfalls I should be concerned about if I’m drinking 5 a day like the bag shows the nutrition for? I’m no expert but I thought to much protein actually causes fat build up, so should i only do this on a rigorous lifting regiment? Just trying to find out if I’m going to be losing weight without doing heavy lifting and just light cardio and weight routine or if the excess protein will just pack on fat in the end.

I would be doing 5 meals a day of huel 7 days a week with 1 cheat meal (2 bags covers 34 of 35 meals) should I be grabbing flavor adds to help break up the flavor monotony as well?

Hey Sam. I’m sure others will chime in on the fat question, but as for the 2 week plan, I would strongly recommend working up to full time huel (even if only for 2 weeks) rather than jumping straight in. There is an adjustment period for your stomach. Mine was fairly short/not very noticeable, but others on here have had more of a hump to get over.

Same with flavor - I think you could use the ramp up time to experiment. I prefer honing a recipe that I can use for every single one where a lot of others like to change it up. Part of this is also figuring out how you like to mix it (how much water, right before you drink vs overnight in the fridge, etc).

I agree with Tom that you should ease yourself into Huel.

We recommend that when you start your Huel diet, you first try replacing 1 meal with Huel, and then after a while (approx. 5-7 days) you could progress to replacing 2 of your daily meals (and then 3, 4, etc. if you want to go 100% Huel). This will allow your body to slowly adjust to Huel.

Too much protein won’t cause fat build up, it’s too many calories (from whatever source). Protein actually takes a bit more energy to digest and metabolize than carbohydrates and fat so can be better in that respect for weight loss.

This article may help you out Sam: https://huel.com/pages/guide-to-fat-loss

2 Likes