🍪 NEW Cookies & Cream Black Edition!

Some of you curious cats might have seen a little teaser in an email last week (or have just seen it shared on reddit!).

For the detectives amongst you, yes of course we were teasing our launch of a Cookies & Cream flavor - but in which variety? V3.0? RTD? Bars?

Well, our Cookies & Cream will sit with our Black Edition range and be available globally!
(n.b. we are rolling this out across all our stores, so if you can’t see it yet don’t worry, you will be able to order it by the end of the day!)

I can’t wait to hear what you think of this one. The flavour is a decadent cookies & cream flavor that’s rich, chocolatey and indulgent :chocolate_bar: It will fall in line with the cost of Cinnamon Roll Black Edition.

Here’s a recap on what our Black Edition is all about :mega:

:clipboard: All 26 essential vitamins & minerals

:muscle: 40g protein

:candy: Low sugar

:no_entry_sign: Zero artificial flavors or sweeteners

:farmer: Gluten-free

:tea: Addition of green tea

You can get yours here!

Any questions fire away below!

2 Likes

Cant wait to try it… I have a question tough, since it has green tea… will this be a caffeinated drink?

Hey @Bry - welcome to the US Huel forum :slight_smile:

Huel Black Edition does contain green tea extract powder; however, results for many of the flavors came back undectable when tested for caffeine (such as vanilla, for example). There are a few flavors which do contain measurable levels of caffeine including Coffee Caramel, Chocolate, and Salted Caramel. See here for a bit more on this, including the other flavors and amounts.

In regards to Cookies and Cream Huel Black Edition, we are getting it tested and should have the result in a few weeks. I will get back to you as soon as possible once we have it!

1 Like

Thanks so much for answering Charlotte! where would those be posted? or is there any chance you can send me a link here when those results come back? ^^… thanks you’re the best! <3

1 Like

Of course. :slight_smile: I’ll post them here as soon as we get them!

1 Like

No worries about use with t2 diabetes?

Hey @edolecki!

Huel can be a suitable food option if you have diabetes (type 1 or type 2). The product you choose is up to you, your requirements, and your preferences!

If it’s alright, I have a couple questions. Do you have a specific amount of carbohydrate (in grams) that you aim for per meal/snack and overall each day - or any other dietary recommendations/restrictions?

Feel free to also DM me, if you prefer. :slight_smile: Happy to help!

For breakfast, I shoot for 4x15g. Lunch dinner would be 5x15g ea. .

Awesome! Are you using the exchange system too - meaning 4 exchanges for breakfast and 5 for lunch where each exchange is 15 grams of carbohydrate?

I saw you noted on the other thread too, but I agree wtih your nurse in that Black Edition would be about 2 exchanges or half of your carbohydrate for breakfast and as another example, Huel v3.0 would be just about 3 exchanges (46 grams of carbohydrate per serving, on average).

• Both Huel powder options are also high in fiber so it really depends on what you’re preferences are for macronutrients and what else you’d want to consume with it!
  • See here for a bit more on the similiarities/differences between products.

How often are you looking to have Huel per day and I saw you also mentioned you’re interested in Hot and Savory?

Lastly, I wanted to note that Huel products do contain pea protein, as I know you mentioned this in your other post too.

Let me know :slight_smile:

The exchange system is exactly as you described it.

How is the flavor of cookies and cream? I’ve heard nothing yet.

1 Like

Hey @Bry - the results are in! :sunglasses:

There is 14mg of caffeine per 100 grams of Cookies and Cream Huel Black Edition. That means per serving (90 grams or 2 scoops), this works out to approximately 12.6mg caffeine.

I personally love the flavor and it’s super creamy, which is a plus for me too. :grin:

Has anyone else given Cookies and Cream a try yet - If so, what do you think?!

Mine arrives tomorrow as part of my subscription so I’m eager to try it.

Smells a little like peanut butter. First taste it does remind me of an Oreo cookie. There is an off-putting quasi-chemical aftertaste I experience. It’s not horrible, just a little surprising.

It’s overall alright, but banana remains my favorite black.

I won’t order c&c again.

So sorry to hear you weren’t the biggest fan of the flavor but thank you so much for this feedback and for giving it a try!

It’s super important for our team to know what’s working and what isn’t flavor-wise so we can make positive changes going forward. We also know we won’t always get the flavor exactly right for every person, but we do try! I’ll be sure to pass this feedback along. :blush:

I’ve also just dropped you a DM to see if we can find something that may work a bit better for you too!

@Charlotte_Huel you’re the best!! thanks for getting back to me and tagging me so i’d see it!! <3

Atm, I’m going through some banana bags but I can’t wait to try the C&C flavor!!! This will be perfect for the morning workouts :>

1 Like

I found C&C to be a bit too much cookie, not enough cream. It’s definitely not quite sweet enough for my liking, so I mixed the remains of my vanilla powder with it for a bit more sweet creaminess.
Cinnamon Roll on the other hand, delish!

The only flavor I did not like. Cookies & Cream *with vegetables?

I am thoroughly enjoying Peanut Butter, Banana & Chocolate.

I am going to try for a refund or exchange for another flavor.