My Huel has an industrial/glue smell

I have been drinking the Huel Black powder daily for the last few years (mostly Coffee Caramel) but a few months ago I got a shipment and it smelt terrible like industrial cleaner or glue. The support team helped me replace it with another flavor (Cookies and Cream) which tasted normal. Next month I get another shipment with the same problem, replaced again and now the new flavor has the same problem, the same terrible smell and flavor.

In total I have received 10 bags of the product that smells and tastes terrible and I am starting to wonder if something just changed with the formula. I have had friends and family try the Huel and we all agree that it smells terrible and tastes like you are poisoning yourself. I know some people find the taste of Stevia offensive and I’m wondering if maybe something has gone wrong with the Stevia that the USA manufacturers are using?

I’m at a loss because Huel has become part of my daily routine, but I just can’t drink the product that I have been getting delivered. It has been 2 months since my first contact with the Huel support team (which have been incredibly helpful) but I just don’t see how this terrible smelling and tasting Huel is making it through their quality assurance department.

1 Like

Hey @Cody - welcome to the US Huel forum. :slight_smile:

I’m so glad to hear our team was able to help, but really sorry to hear about this. We take food quality and safety very seriously and I’ve reached out to our team for some additional information. As soon as I hear back from them, I’ll let you know right away.

In the meantime, if you have any additional questions or concerns, let me know too!

1 Like

Hi @Charlotte_Huel just wanted to follow up, I’m just curious if the problem I was having was the result of a production issue or if some ingredient change.