Loving the chocolate!

So to be on the safe side, when I first started Huel, I wanted to start out with vanilla thinking it would be pretty tame. I replaced just one meal a day with it, and it was a struggle. I didn’t have any GI upset at all. But it was the flavor! I’m using it to lose weight, so I’m not into adding all this extra stuff to get it to taste good. It’s just Huel, water, and a little extra zero calorie sweetener. I stuck with it, but there was just this really odd sickening flavor I can’t quite put my finger on. So I got a chocolate bag to see if that helped, and MAN! Let me tell you, it was a world of difference.
I read so many reviews on how bad the V3 chocolate was, but I was suprised! It still has the odd after taste that the vanilla did, but it’s SO MUCH better than the vanilla for me. It tastes like Nesquick powder!! I added a little bit more cocoa powder and some zero calorie sweetener, and it seriously tastes like chocolate milk.

With that being said, can someone give their honest opinions on Berry? I can’t do vanilla. Is it a strawberry taste? Or more of a tart berry taste?

2 Likes

Berry is my favorite flavor but I love vanilla too. For me, berry reminds me of fruit loops cereal. It has about the same sweetness as vanilla. I drink chocolate but the other two flavors are my preference.

I’m with you on the chocolate! I think it tastes exactly like chocolate milk, even when mixed with water! Vanilla is probably my favorite (I LOVE that stuff), although chocolate is a close second. Unfortunately, I did not care at all for berry. I was hoping it would be like the chocolate and taste like strawberry Nesquick, but it really didn’t do it for me, so I don’t plan on ordering any more of that. That’s the great thing about Huel having a variety of flavors, since taste is such a personal thing. I’m sure there are folks out there who love the berry flavor, but it was definitely my least favorite of the three. So I’m thankful there are the two other flavors which I love. I STILL need to try some of those flavor boosts. I’ve been drinking Huel since 2018 and I have still yet to try a flavor boost.