Looking for warm Huel drink ideas

Now that winter is here in North America, I’m looking for some warm Huel ideas. I’m kind of a coffee purist so haven’t been able to finish a hot Huel coffee shake. Maybe I’ll try to make something like hot chocolate but with vanilla Huel.

It’s pretty tasty. I used 1 tsp of cacao powder, one scoop of vanilla Huel, and put it in my enamel Huel mug, filled it with hot water from the kettle and stirred for what seemed like forever. If I cooked this on the stove I would have added some vegan chocolate chips to make it even chocolaty-er. I’ll make it again.

2 Likes

Ooh yum! Thank you for the idea! Might just have to give that a try. :slight_smile:

Hot chocolate works quite well, just tried it this weekend. The free-vend coffee machine also does “Hot chocolate with milk.” I mixed 2 scoops UU, 1 scoop vanilla with 400 ml water (cold to room temperature) as I normal would, then dispensed the hot chocolate on top (on the most chocolaty setting) and shook again. When I did it later with a weaker chocolate setting it was not as good.

I also used hot-water, dissolved a small/mini candy cane and then mixed up Huel with that. The peppermint was pleasant but a bit subtle, you might use a regular-sized candy cane.

From the same-free vend I tried the “French Vanilla” (not a latte) then the “Hot Chocolate” (so two mugs-worth of hot stuff) and then mixed with Huel. The result was ultimately too sweet for my taste relative to the quantity I was consuming, and once I drank it down some I added more water to dilute the sweetness.

I’ve done Huel with cold milk, I imagine warm milk would be good too.

Too much hot on the Huel and it will start to thicken a lot so you will need additional liquid. Also, if you a have a lot of hot in your shaker be extra careful shaking, the steam can force out liquids from the otherwise water-tight container.

Edit: there is an official peanut curry recipe, but I have never tired it.

1 Like

Spicy Chai Latte! I’ve been using one tablespoon or two of TJ’s Spicy Chai Latte Mix but you can make it yourself with a hot tea base = black tea/Darjeeling + honey or sweetener of choice + bourbon/regular vanilla extract + ground spice blend of cinnamon, clove, cardamom, anise, and ginger + milk of your choice. Enjoy and stay cozy warm.

P.S.
Now I’m thinking of a Golden Turmeric Tea aka “Liquid Gold” Huel: warm coconut milk, water, ghee, honey, 1 teaspoon turmeric (powder or grated root) … :thinking: Could get fancy by adding reishi, cordyceps, ashwagandha, cinnamon and maple syrup or honey. Top with cinnamon.

Or maybe a warm cranberry spiced apple cider mix? I’m remembering Alpine Spice Apple Cider Instant Drink Mix. Could be very yummy. What about Matcha Latte?? Please let me know if you try any of these ideas. I think I will too this week. :yum:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! Keep these recipe ideas coming! Love these!!! It’s not warm, but here’s our recipe for a Golden Turmeric Huel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9edXcYfxlQo

Thanks for the creative ideas, Huelers!

How was the Huel with cold milk? Better than with water?