Leaves? Rabbit food

Just got my first ever box from huel. Was massively looking forward to trying it. Figured it was my normal snack time so would try a nutrition bar…was by far one of the worst things I have ever put in my mouth. My kids hated it as much as I did, and i wonder if my wife will divorce me if i have her try it. I do not normally do reviews but people need to know. I now honestly dread trying the powder for breakfast.

It seriously tasted like what i would imagine chopped pressed leaves or those rabbit food pellets would taste like. I will update after I have breakfast…

Forgot to add…and while I hate for people to know…if you have false teeth or dentures these bars will RIP them from their seated position and possibly crack or break them…

You’ll have your own opinion…for the know the powder tastes nothing like the bars.
A friendly heads-up. Don’t want to leave you hanging, dreading breakfast.
Check out some of the recepies posted here for some kick-ass ideas on how to make those shakes taste even better.

1 Like

I don’t know about the bars, so I won’t comment on that, but I can say the powder takes a few days to a week to get used to, then you’ll start to crave it if you’re like most others. Plus the beautiful thing about it is, you’re human, so you’re highly adaptable and can learn to love things you might not like at first.

I agree with nachosalad, there are some good recipes out there that can help.

I don’t think I was too clear in what I was trying to say…
The powder tastes absolutely fine. Amazing, even. By itself or with your choice of additional ingredients.
Sounded like I was saying you had to make a shake with extra toppings for it to taste good. No. You will soon be finding this out.
I haven’t tried the bars yet, but I have a couple samples ordered. I’ll update my findings here.
As your gut adjusts to the newer, high fiber intake, you might experience some gas and/or diarrhea. This is “normal”. My own adjustment period lasted about 4 days. To make this time easier to adjust to try using more or less liquid when making shakes, stay hydrated, experiment with your favorite toppings (i.e.; vanilla Huel with cinnamon, chocolate Huel with PB, one of my faves is vanilla Huel w/1 2/3 cups soy, 1/3 cup orange-mango juice, handful blueberries, 5 strawberries, 1 banana, 1 egg, handful of spinach, blended).
Alright. Enjoy

:wink::ok_hand:

Just personally messaged you about this!