Is there a reason that the macros for RTD are so different from the powder?

And are there any plans to produce a RTD Huel that has more similar macros to the powder?

My assumption is due to the formulation that keeps it shelf stable (although I could be wrong). I also like that it gives some variety amongst the Huel lineup.

Hi there! We definitely love suggestions - so I am all ears for what you would like to see in the future! :slight_smile: Currently, both Huel v3.0 and Huel Black Edition powders have different macronutrient splits to Huel RTD and I also agree with David that it definitely provides some nice variation to Huel products! Which powder would you like to see an RTD come closer to macronutrient wise in the future?!

I would like to see an RTD more similar to the original powder, i.e. a bit higher in protein and carbs, and lower in fat compared to the current RTD formula. I think something like this would be a great option, because the majority of RTD options that I’ve seen from various companies (Huel, Soylent, Jimmy Joy, etc) are all 20g protein per 400 calories. I have yet to find any RTD on the market that is similar in macros to the Huel original powder.

I’d say an RTD Black, for sure!!!

I completely agree with both options, one closer to v3.0 and one closer to Black Edition could be great to add!

However, we unfortunately ran into some difficulties with regard to palatability/clumping of Huel RTD when at lower fat contents with higher protein and carbohydrate contents. We found that Huel RTD at its current macro split provided complete nutrition, another option for macros, as well as great palatability (both in terms of texture and taste). But please know that our team is constantly working to update and improve Huel RTD so definitely keep your eyes open!

Good to know, thank you for the information!

1 Like