I'm the founder of Huel, just saying hello!

You know what - you really do have a point about it being unnatural and unhealthy. Maybe if it’s methylcobalamin/adenosylcobalamin, it’d be better (as that’s vegan and without cyanide exposure). It’s found in lentein, which huel could add in instead of synthetic sources.

Unfortunately that blog looks pretty scientific and well researched but when you go through the limited (5) references they use it does not support the claims being made.

Cyanocobalamin is also vegan and the cyanide exposure levels are below what you would be consuming through foods.

This is pretty cool! I’ve never heard of it so I look into this further around demand, prices, quality etc. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Julian,
I just wanted to say I’ve been a loyal customer for two years now and have helped promote the product with many of my friends etc.
Very disappointed in your new 3.0 product. Do not like the taste at all even mixed with fruit. Wanted to reply to you directly in case you don’t see my comments In the forum. Had to cancel my subscription and will try to get credit for the four bags of the 3.0. Thank you

I’ve tried the flavored Huel Blacks, please offer unflavored. I will make the switch from 3.0 to Black when you do.

1 Like

Love black edition Huel!!!

Hi @Gabegabe5 thank you for the suggestion. May I ask why you want an unflavoured version? Is is because you in intend to add your own flavour. Our some other reason?

Absolutely sir.

I like to eat huel 2 ways. Mixed with instant coffee for breakfast and straight up by itself unflavored for lunch.

I don’t add my own flavor. I’m very tempted to use Huel for more meals and the new Huel Black is EXACTLY what I’m looking for without having to boost protein content with whey, but those sweeteners are just too much. I don’t want to feel like I’m eating a
desert for my meals. It kinda tastes gross. The unflavored version has a bit of its own sweetness already from the grain, and feels more like a meal to my taste buds; and the last version (before 3.0) even had a more meal like texture for that better mouth
feel. Now the texture is much thicker (and a bit gross to swallow) but the taste itself unflavored is still pretty good.

I can’t say enough though; I like what you’re doing. I LOVED the last version and very much want to switch to an unflavored Huel Black.

-I like the addition of iodine to flesh out the nutrient profile,

-I don’t think probiotics was a good idea,

-I don’t like how thick and coincidentally chunky the new mix is (my assumption is the attempt for a smoother texture is the culprit),

-I really want to switch to unflavored Huel Black,

-and It would be nice to be able to recycle the packaging.

-Some day soon it would also be nice to know I’m not ingesting pesticides, but I don’t care it it’s organic.

Thanks for listening. It means a lot.

-Gabe Winke

1 Like

Thanks! Even though it is lower exposure level than being consumed, it still does occur and removing it would probably put more people’s minds at ease.

Just to put it out there, I did the math for you. It would cost is $0.09/%B12 or $2.73/serving of Huel at the subscription price. That’s actually pretty expensive and I do see cheaper sources of vegan methylcobalamin out there in a quick search (I bet there’re cheaper). Even though it is more expensive per % than the synthetic form, a higher absorption/retention might allow for lower doses.

You could get the 1.1 still https://huel.com/products/huel-11-gf-outlet

Thanks for looking into this.

The issue with all these blogs on methylcobalamin is not one of them cites a single study that shows methylcobalamin to be the “better” vitamin B12 source or that cyanocobalamin is harmful. That’s because there isn’t one. I’ve looked into this a lot and it appears it’s given as common knowledge on a variety of naturopath and organic websites without any evidence.

The one study that was cited in the article you provided actually supports what I’m saying above.

So I read up on many scholarly articles just now. The absorption is extremely low for poisoning and fine for a normal person, however, there are rare instances when it should not be taken.

However, there are benefits for the methyl- group for the extra health-conscious, but I wouldn’t say it’s required for Huel to add in - as it doesn’t relate to daily value.

1 Like

I have been hearing and reading a lot of negative stuff about what Flax Seed can do to a mans Testosterone… By increasing Cortisol, and Estrogen ive read that Flax Seed will lower overall Testosterone which is obviously bad. Can you elaborate or tell me why thats wrong?

You got it!

I think this is still unclear. The study you linked to is in cells exposed to a toxin, a pretty specific circumstance that hasn’t been shown in humans.

This is probably the best review on the subject.

Don’t worry Ted we have covered this in an article on site here! Let me know if you have any more questions after reading.

1 Like