I’m out until the next version ✌🏻

Zing. Did you see that? He was talking about me. Actually, I haven’t been able to rebut every negative post. The remaining ones are on my list. I’ve been getting real behind recently. I’ll get to them after I’m done curing cancer, bringing peace to the middle East, and winning the NBA all-star dunk competition.

2 Likes

Exactly. See, now you’re thinking. That’s the point. It will be up to you to apply your critical thinking skills to anything I’ve written and decide if you think I’m legit or not.

Literally the straw man fallacy.

Literally, don’t care. The simile is accurate.

Hey everyone. I’m just here to say keep comments civil. We take every comment seriously and as if it’s genuine. There’s no need to try and decide if an account is fake or not, discourse has systems in place and we’ve been doing this forum thing for a while so we’re pretty good at spotting something that looks fishy.

There’s been loads of talk about the new texture, taste and mixability of v3.0. I’m not going to repeat myself but you can find our replies to all these comments on a lot of these posts including how we are monitoring this and the product development process in general.

1 Like

I use an immersion blender at home and put mine in the fridge over night. I just take the premade shake to work. It’s great the next day. Just saying.

Haven’t been here for a bit…good to see @Deron still rolling with conspiracy theories and @Tim_Huel and the rest of the team being somehow immune to opening bags of their own product that isn’t clumpy. I jest, mildly—but I’ll go back to my biggest concern @Tim_Huel which is…you have a forum full of complaints about clumping, and somehow QC isn’t catching this? Certainly each batch has a product performance check that’s pulled off the line that would have reflected the findings of the customers. It just doesn’t make sense. Would love to better understand how this is happening—and would love to hear how miraculously, nobody at Huel has the same problems as the customers. In 20+ years developing consumer products, and millions of products in the market as we speak…if a consumer sees it, we see it. How is this not the case with 3.0? Baffled, genuinely.

I know you keep coming back to this @AxlRosey but you don’t know know what goes on behind the scenes and it’s unlikely you’ve worked with a product like Huel before which can have a lot of post consumer variables, preparation and storage conditions that could affect the product.

Like I mentioned to you before as an example if it’s particular minerals in the water that contributes to clumping it will take time to fully understand this issue especially as it doesn’t affect the majority of customers.

2 Likes

I haven’t had the pleasure of trying 3.0 yet, but I did get huel black and I prefer the texture and flavor to the previous version.

In my experience, it does clump a bit more than the previous version when first made, but if I let it sit for a bit, it has an almost commercial pudding like texture - and I don’t hate it. After a few minutes there are fewer clumps than I had with the original. Works for me for now.

3 Likes

I’ve used the little shaker ball. It’s just still not as smooth as the prior version was without it. And it’s one extra thing to clean. Doesn’t take a lot of time, but it’s still extra. People are resistant to change. It’s built into our DNA. I use this stuff solely for convenience. I was tired of toting around a lunchbox and worrying about making something for lunch. People have different reasons for buying. If I was buying this for nutrition and weight loss I’d certainly take the extra step using a blender because I was improving my health. But that’s not why I got into Huel. I got into it because I’m constantly on the go all day at work. I wanted something I could carry around while working. Simply convenient. Extra steps don’t improve efficiency they restrict it. So I hope they can find the cause quickly and fix it. That’s all I was R&D to do. It takes time and I’ll wait until they can solve a problem. Right now they’re not even acknowledging that there could be an issue. So for now I’ll pass because it’s not about health or weight loss. I’m healthy & at an ideal weight. It’s about simplicity. I know I’m certainly in the minority, but the formula has changed to create a less convenient product. And that sucks. I’ll go back to making sandwiches and salads for lunch until it’s all figured out.

1 Like

Definitely not a simile. At a stretch it could be considered a metaphor, but really a car and fuel isn’t even remotely close to what we’re talking about. The grocery is closer example, but if it’s a pre made salad or something they always provide utensils in the little plastic box. If they didn’t I’d be a little peeved.
If I need a shaker ball they should provide it when they ship the cup. Why would I have to buy an extra piece to make it work? If the didn’t ship the cup then I wouldn’t complain at all. But to get something shipped to you only to be missing a needed part ticks me off every time.

Dictionary.com would disagree with you, but that’s ok. Metaphor works also.

As far as the shaker, you received a free item. That item works fine for all versions except 3. I’m not really expecting Huel to go out and engineer a new shaker bottle that they’re giving away FREE. The only thing Huel owes you is the product. The shaker bottle is a bonus item.

Sorry, but all this entitlement really grinds my gears.

1 Like

@Dan_Huel, I apologize if I was out of line. The entitlement culture we see is a button for me.

I’ll try to behave. :innocent:

3 Likes

There not giving away anything for free. It’s built into the cost of the overall item. Each person buying a package of Huel is essentially chipping in a percentage for them to give cups away.

Some of us actually appreciate @Deron and his input. He’s basically giving many us free nutritional advice. Given his medical background, I truly appreciate everything he’s done for these forums.

Back off bro.

6 Likes

@Dan_Huel , welcome… nice to see you being attentive—I must have forgotten to tag you in that post? “Unlikely” is a heck of an assumption on your part—I’ll chalk that up to being early in your career and still learning. If you don’t like people with more experience than you discussing these problems, along with plenty of other people having the same discussion—I don’t know what to tell you—you make FOOD…people tend to take it seriously, especially when the response for months is a cacophony of head scratching on your end. The top posts in this forum are all about how lousy the current generation product is—that’s not from me being noisy, Dan. That’s on you guys. So, any updates? Or just spot checking little fires in the forum? For anyone interested, the water test that Dan and Co have apparently not done for what seems like months now…can be done in 1/2 a day—any level TDS, TSS, heavy metal, pH, turbidity that might put this basic water hunch to rest relative to product performance i.e. clumping—it’s not difficult work—an easy thing to update the community about. Same goes for “consumer variables”…these are all tests that should have been worked out. I’m sure ALL of the people in here might be willing to send you a sample, since you somehow can’t find one yourself (very reassuring). All of this is very standard lab work, and very standard research that doesn’t take much time at all—I can guarantee you. It’s things like this, Dan, that make me question your “behind the scenes”. Let us all know when you come to some conclusions, rather than repetitive platitudes.

I know it sounds like Huel is one voice and mind i.e. me because that’s all you are having contact with on this forum. However, there are people at Huel with 20+ years experience in product development, technical, quality etc.

I’m using the water as an example, that’s all. Don’t worry we regularly test as part of our quality procedures and you can find some of our tests including heavy metals here. We also request and test sample from customers when required.

There’s not much else I can say here. If my tone and way of explanation rub you up the wrong way, I apologize. On a lighter note, if you feel you have excellent knowledge of a product category that has existed since 2013 and you can do a better job than the Huel team you can apply for a job through our careers page.

4 Likes

Appreciate the childish jab there at the end @Dan_Huel — I’m quite content with solving larger problems with my time. That, and I haven’t been an employee for over two decades—not exactly looking to go backwards these days. Alas, with all of that experience, it should make it easy for you all to figure out this very simple solubility problem you’re having, which would easily result in very simple answers—of which you have none, to date. Plenty of dancing around and backtracking on statements—nothing is concrete with you…everything is “just an example”. Looking forward to an actual answer one day.

Nutritional advice is wonderful. Tin hat conspiracy theories…not so much.

Dan, I wanted to take a minute to say thank you and the @huel team for all the hard work I know you all do. I want Huel to be the best it can be, and I’m sure all of you all are working towards that. The comments and attitudes on the forum can be a drag sometime, so thank you for hanging in there, and good work.

10 Likes