Huel, for one year

I had already placed an order for my first Huel and Vite Ramen before I came to check out this forum. Glad to know I’m not the first person to have that in mind! I’ll be starting my regimen also for weight loss, hoping to drop 75 or so. I need to add more strength to my body, so I know my weight goal could change as/if I build muscle while I’m at it. I’m a 34 yo female, 5’6" pushing 220# these days. When I was close to 150# (8-9 years ago), that was pretty tiny for my build–fairly athletic and much stronger than now. As with anything, I’ll make adjustments as necessary, but I’m really excited to get started with my new plan!

@omikes, when you first began, how many servings of Huel were you doing daily? I know the calorie recommendations, but I’m curious if new users tend to feel too full to meet that or if anyone tried doing a larger calorie deficit than the recommended -500/day.

Thanks for sharing your progress & pics! I hope to join your ranks in the upcoming year.

1 Like

I was doing a 1k deficit per day in the beginning. I had recently started and given up on a 500 calorie deficit diet of just ground beef burritos, but I would get dizzy on that. Somehow with Huel (probably because of the high vitamin content) I would never feel lethargic or dizzy, even on the fairly low amount of calories per day that I started with (900).

1 Like

I started my plan at 3 servings (1200 calories / day) for both weight loss and better nutrition. I’m 53, 5’11" in height. The Calorie Calculator that Huel suggested using for weight loss says I should consume 2,392 calories per day to maintain my current weight. So with 3 servings of Huel per day, my deficit will be more like 1,192 calories per day. So far no ill effects on day 3 and more energy that I’ve had in a long while. I am also walking during my lunch hour which I would have never done had I needed to sit down and eat a traditional meal.

2 Likes

Why were you doing this with such a large deficit?

I was just so tired of being fat. In hindsight, it was kind of a foolish pace to have taken. It isn’t a race, since there isn’t a finish line. I guess in the back of my mind I suspected that I would eventually give up, and wanted to lose as much weight as possible before that happened.

These days I can’t be bothered to cook anything. Sloth made me fat, and now its keeping me healthy. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This was the best short story i have ever read

2 Likes