Huel Black- Migraines

Hello All! Let me start off by saying that I am a first-time Huel user and am very happy to be a part of the community and share my experiences and learn form others. I was drawn to the product due to its quality nutritional composition and very competitive price ratio.

I ordered one bag of each flavor (Vanilla, Chocolate) and took Vanilla as my first meal of the day.

For some reason within 30 minutes of taking Huel I experienced a subtle headache which has only slightly subsided, coupled with lights appearing extra bright (not severe blurriness by any means, but noticeable enough for me to dig into).

Do we know a definite reason why these occur, how long they typically lasted before your body gets used to it, and what ingredient may be responsible if so.?

It is definitely not a hydration issue as I am an avid above average hydrater (1.25 gal/day). Neither is it a fiber intake issue as I regularly have consumed more fiber daily at a time without issue for the past 2 months.

• I have zero issues with taste/consistency. I really want to like huel, but I have to isolate the variable with migraines as I don’t want to have a stroke lol

Thanks

That’s very strange. There’s no definite reason for these symptoms to occur.

It’s possible you have an issue with stevia but these aren’t typical allergy symptoms.

Apologies I can’t be of more help.

I have been using Huel since April 2019 and I have never experienced anything like this before. I have had Huel v1.1, Huel v3.0 & now Huel Black Edition. None of those have ever given me a headache or made light an issue.

Sorry to hear of your reaction. I hope you figure it out.

I’m wondering if this has a connection to the “oestrogens” in Flaxseed. Looking back over previous threads they seem to have others reporting these symptoms aswell which may be hormone induced migraines.

Highly unlikely. We have a good summary and full article on phytoestrogens and flaxseed if you’re interested: https://huel.com/pages/flaxseed-overview-of-health-benefits-recommended-intake-and-caution

It might be Manganese.

For a short time, I was eating oatmeal 2-3 times/day, with a Manganese over 10-11 mg. That gave me a slight headache. I seemed to develop a resistance to it.

I noticed Huel’s Manganese is 7+ mg, which is higher than most people’s natural diets.