How can we improve Huel? (both product and service)

Oh yeah. No, I figured I could sweeten it myself :grinning:

After trying my bag of UU Huel, I’m just going to buy that version from now on and experiment with it. Thanks for listening and thanks for a great product. Also glad you didn’t take the xylitol route, LOL.

3 Likes

I use 100-125 mL of diet v8 splash as a sweetener/flavorer for UU Huel.

I mostly don’t even try other things anymore because this works for me - and I’m slamming it down rather than savoring it for texture and flavor. The point (for me) is that I get nutrition without having to work so hard to make meals - why have it be it harder deciding how it should be different each days day?

2 Likes

KETO HUEL
Would love to have a keto huel if that is somehow possible. I started doing Intermittent fasting which with huel was easy, however i wanted to see more results after i hit a plateau. therefore, i implemented keto diet while doing intermittent fasting and since have had good results. But, with huel being so dependent on carbs with oats and rice, i find that i dont use huel at all anymore

1 Like

@viperac39 here is a some useful info on low carb and keto diets, and two hacks to make Huel low carb. (It might be a little out of date, so double check the measurements, but the gist is correct)

2 Likes

If you could find a way to lower the carb content, making it more keto friendly and easier on the pancreas, I would be much more likely to consume Huel more consistently.

Furthermore, adding some things like fruit and vegetable powders to bulk up the nutrition profile would be delightful! I understand that might increase the price, so maybe include it as an add-in, sort of like the flavor packs.

I know you guys are doing what you can for sustainability, which I greatly appreciate! If there is a way to make the powder packaging either recyclable or reusable, that would be a load off my mind and carbon footprint. I would be willing to save my packaging and send it back to you all if you had a way to reuse them.

Thanks for listening!

1 Like

Check out the comment above! Has a link to our low-carb hack :wink:

The packaging is not recyclable currently, but this is due to the necessity to keep the vitamin and mineral blend from spoiling, which allows Huel to have such a long shelf life, therefore minimizing food waste. Despite this fact, the amount of waste that Huel packaging creates is frankly minimal compared to the packaging involved in most store-bought food. This picture shows the amount of Huel and packaging for 96 years of Huel:

3 Likes

What’s the purpose of the desiccated coconut in the hack?

Long Sleeve Baggy Tees- I live in the high desert

2 Likes

how much is recyclable?

Desiccated coconut is just dried coconut. We’ve included coconut for very good reasons: the fats in coconut are what are known as medium chain triglycerides, or MCTs, and these are treated much like carbs. They provide an energy-rich, sustained fuel and are perfect for those of us with busy lifestyles. But MCTs have another invaluable quality: they are not susceptible to oxidation and rancidity, meaning that they do not contribute to the formation of atherosclerotic plaques which increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. In short, MCTs from coconut are a healthy and efficient source of energy!

2 Likes

I believe Tyler answered this question above already. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know what happened but i placed an order on 3/4/19 and never received confirmation of my order being placed, i loged into my account and it says i dont have any orders or subscriptions but the money was withdrew from my bank account, i have being in communication with customer service via email but they said that they dont see anything was order on my account. i think this will be something that you can check and see what happened and try to improve on, i will be checking in today with customer service to see what we can do, already sent them a picture of the transaction from Huel on my bank statement.

Heyo! On 3/7 our rep Alex emailed you with the refund receipt.

There should be a birthday discount code. :wink:

5 Likes

Aaaand now that I think of it, birthday cake FLAVOR.

5 Likes

I am loving the RTD. I would love to have more flavors. First choice, of course, would be chocolate.

2 Likes

Hello, relatively new user of Huel. (A couple of months). I use the chocolate and the vanilla Huel. The Vanilla is pretty good on it’s own. The chocolate, is eh… I found myself adding sweetner and additional coco powder. Then I started using apple juice instead of water, big improvement in taste. THEN I did a 50/50 mix of the vanilla and chocolate, still using apple juice as the sweetner…that is a winning combination. Very yummy.

Cutting all refined sugars from my diet and using Huel I have lost almost 25 lbs in the last month. Walking is the only exercise I currently do.

Thank you Huel.

7 Likes

@Mungkeygp thank you for the feedback, and big congrats on the fat loss.

2 Likes

Ooo, or a discount on the your anniversary month if you’re a subscriber? :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about a performance version of Huel fortified for sports nutrition? I was on Huel alone for many months, and although I did well, I recently looked into amino acid therapy. While I have not proven out how effective the therapy can be to counter all the health issues that it supposedly can benefit, I can say they have given me a serious boost in terms of energy, stamina and muscle strength, which has translated into significant increases in performance at the gym and any physical activities. I have been doing a lot of reading to come up with the witch’s brew of amino acids to target what I want to target and quite frankly, it ended up as a best guess, trial and error with a bunch of different ones. I am just thinking that as detail oriented as you are in terms of putting together the proper ingredients to make Huel work, it would be a no brainer to put together a version of Huel fortified with some supplements targeted for body building and athletic performance. I know the recommendation is for amino acids to be consumed on an empty stomach, but these days I only believe about 10% of what I read and rely more on what I prove out myself. Regardless of being optimal, it would be convenient to have a version of Huel that provides a complete solution for active people to get their meals and supplements. If not a version of Huel, maybe a performance boost additive for regular Huel?