Hooey on Huel page?

What is this stuff on the nutritional information page?

" Huel is 37:30:30:3 Macro Split In Huel we’ve set them at the ratio of 37:30:30:3 respectively; 37% of the energy comes from carbohydrate, 30% from fat, 30% from protein and 3% from fiber"

I googled it and the first thing that came up was that supplement companies frequently try to bs people with a “perfect ratio” when in reality, it varies from person to person…

I don’t think it says anywhere that this macro is perfect for everyone. That is probably what they have found to be a good split for most. But I’m sure @JamesCollier can elaborate a bit.

Hey @awesome31312

The macronutrient ratio of Huel at 37:30:30:3, shows us that 37% of daily energy comes from carbohydrates, 30% from fats, 30% from protein and 3% fibre.

You’re correct in saying that individuals respond differently to different macronutrients, i.e. some might prefer to have a higher fat content and lower carb content etc. However, we’ve designed Huel at these ratios as they are not only within the parameters of the healthy eating guidelines, but are also levels designed for optimum, sustained energy release whilst covering macronutritional requirements for disease prevention.

As @kris4183 mentions, we have to work on a formula that is best for most.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

If you ever used MyFitnessPal or tried to maintain a healthy diet, you would know there are macros built for the average person such as 50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein 50:30:20.

It’s not hooey. The only thing hooey is saying you need sports supplements to get results. That is because if you are getting the macros in your diet correctly, you will not need supplements. If your diet sucks, then supplements are better than nothing.

Huel is a meal, and not a supplement, so its macros are good for the average person, provided you’re not trying to get a low carb diet, or a low fat diet.

1 Like