Hi, a new Huel user here, and I love it!

I’m a brand new Huel user - I actually came across the product via Instagram and, as a pharmacist, I was pretty skeptical about it’s nutritional value and claims as a fully adequate meal replacement shake. I scoured Reddit, Huel forums, and other reviews on the web and was surprised at the number of positive reviews. I checked out the ingredients and nutritional information and again, was surprised at how well-balanced a product Huel is. So, I bit the bullet and ordered my first 2 containers.

I wasn’t expecting much in terms of flavor (having had protein shakes before), but to my delight it tasted pretty good! My intention is to replace breakfast for workdays and other busy morning days when I don’t have time to eat something healthy (and my previous choices were definitely NOT healthy). As an added bonus, I had SO MUCH ENERGY after drinking 1 shake, I was ready to clean my entire house on my day off! I started reading about hacks and recipes, and the next day added some cinnamon and espresso powder - Huel only got better! I’m now thinking of various ways to mix it including adding applesauce + pie spice = apple pie shake, or strawberry jam = strawberry shortcake shake!

I’ll be honest, I’m not a fan of leaving it overnight as the shake was too thick for me to enjoy fully (though it was still tasty), so in the morning it’s the first thing I do before getting ready for work to give it time to chill a bit in the fridge, and it’s perfect! I find myself with no cravings for snacks and unhealthy things for 4-5 hours after (though I tend to sip it over an hour or so anyway) - I simply don’t get the need to snack on salty, fatty snacks after I have had it. Oddly, I even find myself craving it and looking towards the next one!

So thank you Huel, creators of Huel, and fellow Huel users - you’ve got another one to join the fold!

Stay Healthy!

5 Likes

Wow, Anita! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I absolutely love your recipe hacks! However, if you don’t call it a strawberry shortshake, I will have to put you pun-der arrest. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Happy to have you on board! :partying_face:

1 Like

Well played. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

I was pleasantly surprised when I started craving Huel too. I’m also really pumped about making different mixes. My local natural foods store has a whole aisle of powdered additives and they’ve made mixing a lot of fun.

1 Like

A Huelers dream come true! What are your favorite powdered additives so far?

I really like MOCU’s Kombucha and Chia mixes; they provide a lot of flavor with the U/U Huel without becoming too sweet. I’ve experimented with some different drinking chocolate powders as well, but so far nothing has stood out as better than Ovaltine. I’m excited to try matcha and golden tumeric powders, just looking for small enough servings that I can try it without committing to large amounts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Matcha is actually one of the Huel flavor boosts across the pond, so that is a safer bet if you can’t find smaller sizes. Also, I recently found that I love mixing in some turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and some almond milk to my Huel. Let me know how the golden turmeric works out if you try it!