Goodbye Huel? :(

The Huel forum is for listening to others.

I listened to the OP.

I listened to you.

So there’s that.

5 Likes

Yeah, for sure.
Thanks for responding.

2 Likes

This was an interesting read, and I learned a lot :slight_smile:

Because we’re giving them our hard-earned money in exchange for it. I have no problems with asking restaurants to leave the tomatoes off my hamburgers (no allergies, I just don’t like raw tomatoes) or asking them to put extra cheese on my pizza, because I’m paying for the food so I want it the way I want it.

Frankly, I see this as a brilliant move by Huel corporate, as now they get feedback from actual customers without having to pay a market research firm to dig it up. Bonus points for actually using that feedback to drive further development. I know a couple of other companies with boards like this, but either they never have any representatives respond, or if they do it’s always along the lines of “sorry to hear you’re having issues, contact support”. Nobody else (in my experience) ever responds to a comment with “Yeah, we looked into that and here’s why we (did what we did | didn’t do that)”.

2 Likes

Whats your point here dude? Do you want a company to change their entire production process because your spiritual club won’t join modernity?

3 Likes

Did you wind up leaving?

Different reason here: Allergic to tea.

Was a steady HUEL user from 2017 until v3.0. Can’t buy any HUEL now. All products except ready-to-drink contain tea.

My beliefs aren’t religious; they take a more environmental tack. Can’t do single-use plastic drink containers.

Sure hope you guys release an unsweetened “basic formula” someday. Just the fundamentals, no tea.

Will be back when you do.

3 Likes

Totes out, same day same reason. Only came back to see if their new spicy line passes inspection, cuz I love Huel.

1 Like

“Everybody loses their minds.”

:joy: I love it!

But since there’s a minimum character requirement, might as well try to give my two cents. Let’s see if I know how to explain my mind.

I’m not here to ask Huel to stop being awesome because my spiritual club feels excluded. By all means, keep up the great work.

I’m here to let them know that there’s at least one more Hueler waiting on the sidelines for their turn to play.

And if that means I got to wait, I am fine with that. No harm, no foul, I love Huel regardless.

1 Like

Oh, and I should mention that I am going to place order of the H&S today because it looks like my chance to get back into the Huel game.

Just gotta figure out which 3 to try first.

Any suggestions?

Depends on how spicy you like your meals! What is your preferred level of spicy-ness?

Think I figured it out. I’m planning on a tomato/tai/indian to start with, although I have my doubts about tomato and indian.

And no, it’s not because of spicy level (although it does happen to be an even spread).

wait, their ready to drink doesn’t include tea?

Awesome! Glad to hear it!

Nope. No tea in the RTD. But I like to roll my own and not consume plastic bottles… so meh.

Have switched to Ambronite Balanced Meal shakes. The chocolate is OUTSTANDING.

Just curious, why did you switch to Ambronite over all the other competitors out there? Clearly cost isn’t a concern, considering it’s one of the most expensive out there.

I haven’t sampled too many other manufacturers yet… am still researching alternatives. I went with Ambronite because they had an amazing Black Friday special & their quality of ingredients is very good. Also I love chocolate shakes and this is the best I’ve tasted. But I might be able to buy my own cocoa and make it myself using another brand… so the research continues for an allergy-free alternative.

I also tried Ample which tastes like shortbread cookies. Also good, but similarly pricey. No definitive answer yet for the price-performance advantage Huel used to provide. shakes fist at kombucha

Having been on it for over a week now testing the various combinations and whatnot, I have found the RTD give me more stomach problems and digestive issues to put it lightly. On days when I only consume the powder I have noticed that I am a LOT better off. The RTD was the easiest to consume for me as well until I discovered the hand blender, now the difference is negligible.

1 Like

Provide a caffeine free option.

Some people don’t like it. Some people need to avoid it for health reasons.

I have a genetic mutation (and many more do who haven’t had genetic testing to know that) that causes slow and intense processing of caffeine (takes a long time to hit, hits for a long time, hits hard - no sleep for 36 hours). 12 oz. of decaf coffee has too much caffeine for me (and many others).

I got bamboozled with caffeine.

I’ve been using your product for years, and am constantly advising friends to use it.

Caffeine is a drug - the lack of clear notification of it being added (green tea extract and Kombucha powder) is a problem.

Lack of clear labeling of caffeine content PER SERVING is a problem.

I will now have to find a replacement product, for something that has helped me lose 150 pounds over 2 years, and helped fix a bunch of other health issues. I’m extremely disappointed in Huel’s choice around this.

If I remember, I think one of the Huel people had addressed this in a post a while back. I think the caffeine content from Kombucha was so low that it wouldn’t even round to one milligram. I think that’s why they didn’t print it, in regards to the caffeine from kombucha.

Their Huel Black coffee caramel has the caffeine milligrams per serving on the label. And the old mocha Huel flavor packets also listed the caffeine content.

1 Like