First Experience with Huel. Mixing with Soylent

I have been using Soylent for about two years and recently ordered two bags of vanilla Huel because I was looking for something that wasn’t mainly soy based and super high in sugar. My initial experience was pretty awful. I hated the flavor and though – like many others I’ve seen on here – that it tasted a bit like unbaked bread. However, once I started mixing it the night before and drinking it while it’s cold I almost immediately changed my mind. I realize this sounds cheesy and almost fake, but I noticed a definite difference in my energy levels drinking Huel versus the other stuff. Huel also seems much more filling to me. I’m still not a huge fan of the flavor on its own, but I can drink it. Plus, mixing stuff (peanut butter, cocoa powder, fruit, etc…) makes it something close to enjoyable. I ordered the chocolate flavor powder a few weeks after getting my initial order, and I’m hoping that works well, but in the meantime I’ve started mixing a little bit of the leftover cocoa Soylent I have laying around into my Huel in the morning. I usually do about a scoop and a half of Huel and a half scoop or so of Soylent. This mix is delicious and tastes like a milkshake. I’m not planning on continuing this with regularity once I get the flavoring, but just thought I’d post here to let anyone with bags and bags of old Soylent laying around know my experience.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! The beauty of Huel is all the different ways you can make it. I personally love it on its own but hey, mixing Huel and Soylent together is definitely an interesting combination! :yum: