Do you mix & match hot & savory's?

new guy here, haven’t received my order yet, but wondering if you guys get creative with the H/S mix’s. I’m on the road 4 days a week and plan on using this as a supplement to “road food” while away from home. any ideas would be welcome. i ordered chick’n mushroom, mac & cheese, and the Thai green curry. thanks in advance.

Hi Roadworrier,

I have mixed the Thai green curry with sweet and sour. I didn’t care for that combination, mostly because I am not a fan of the sweet and sour (but definitely am of the Thai green curry). That being said, I think that any of the curry flavors could go well together. I wonder how the different pastas would work with each other (bolognese and cajun), or if tomato herb would pair well with Mexican chili. I have to say, though, I don’t see any of your flavors being a good fit for each other.

On another note, I think that Huel makes fantastic travel food. Good choice.

I’m not really sure that mixing any would be that good, personally, but Mac N Cheeze is a pretty mildly flavored item and can easily be modified. the Mac N Cheeze with maybe the Mexican chili would be good for a ‘chili mac’ kind of thing, but I haven’t been able to score a bag of the chili so far.

My recommendations for adding things to the meals I’ve tried:
Mac N Cheeze + a little bit of taco seasoned meat (either vegetarian meat substitute or pork, I’ve done both) is excellent. Sure, it changes the nutrient balance but sometimes I have leftovers from other meals and it’s a nice way to add a little more substance to it.

I’ve also experimented with adding a small bit of oat milk to the Pasta Bolonese to make it slightly creamier, as well as some hot Vindaloo spice to the Spicy Curry, and chili powder to the mac n cheeze, just to give each a little more oomph in the flavor department. It was all excellent.

I plan to mix up a whole bag of Mac N Cheeze with some of my spice blends and leave it at work as a quick meal. The meal is fine straight out of the bag, but I find that a little more flavor makes it even more satisfying.

I know I dogged on sweet and sour. I will say that it is better with sriracha sauce.

I have mixed Mac & Cheese and the Mexican Chili and it was really good.

I’ve also added baked Chicken breast to the Cajun Pasta and it was sublime!

I’m trying to gain weight, so I add extra protein often.